This zucchini zoodle salad has such a light and bright flavor and can be made in less than 30 minutes, so it’s perfect for a quick lunch or dinner salad.
It’s loaded with zucchini, tomatoes, black beans, avocado, red onion, corn and cilantro and tossed in a simple but flavorful dressing.
I wish I could take credit for concocting this delicious zoodle salad recipe myself but it comes from a cookbook I was sent to review: the new Instant Loss: Eat Real, Lose Weight cookbook by Brittany Williams.
She wrote the cookbook as part of her weight loss journey, and she shares tips, anecdotes and over 100 recipes that helped her lose 125 pounds in one year through diet alone.
The quick and easy recipes (most can be made in under 30 minutes) are all made with real foods — no processed ingredients, gluten or refined sugars and they use either an instant pot, air fryer or other common household gadgets.
In Brittany’s cookbook, the zoodles salad is called ‘Summertime Zucchini Pasta’ but I just can’t connect that title to a zucchini salad (which is what it is) so I’m just calling it as I see it. The recipe is phenomenal; I just wish she’d called it a salad… so I’ll do it for her. 😉
Making zoodles is the hardest part of this recipe and it’s actually not hard at all; it’s FUN!
All you need is a spiralizer to do the work for you. The dream spiralizer is the KitchenAid spiralizer attachment that fits right on your mixer and the mixer does the turning.
It’s a great tool (I’ve used my sister’s) but it’s pricey, so I bought this one at Amazon.
I turn the handle myself, but it works like a charm and is easy to clean, so if you’re looking for a spiralizer to do the job without spending beaucoup bucks, I recommend it.
The zucchini salad is the first recipe I’ve made from the cookbook, but I can’t wait to try some of her other recipes like Broccoli “Cheese” Soup, Cauliflower “Potato” Salad and Double Chocolate Mocha Brownies.
And I also know I’ll be making this zoodles salad again and again. My family loved it!
Zucchini Zoodles Salad
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 medium to large zucchini spiralized
- 5 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 15-ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 ripe medium avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium red onion diced
- 1 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems and leaves chopped
- In a bowl, combine the avocado oil, lime juice, cumin, garlic powder, sea salt and cayenne. In a second large bowl, combine the spiralized zucchini, cherry tomatoes, black beans, avocado, onion, corn and cilantro. Add the dressing to the zucchini mixture, tossing the ingredients to combine, and serve.
Be sure to pick up a copy of the Instant Loss: Eat Real Lose Weight cookbook!