This broccoli cheddar chicken casserole can be turned into a vegetarian side dish if you omit the chicken. I’ll totally leave that up to you; it’s yum-yum either way.
With minimal ingredients (and most of them from the pantry), it’s a quick and easy meal for busy days.
Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Casserole
What you need to make this easy casserole:
- Broccoli – You can use frozen or fresh florets or cuts but the broccoli should be pre-cooked to your desired tenderness when you start the recipe.
- Condensed cheddar cheese soup
- French fried onions
- Ground black pepper
- Chicken – From your pantry, you can use a can of premium chunk white chicken. You can also use shredded rotisserie chicken or any chicken you have on hand. I usually cook several chicken breasts on the weekend for use in recipes during the week, and I chop and freeze each one individually. For this recipe, I used one chopped chicken breast.
- Salt to taste
Can I substitute ingredients or add other ingredients?
I think frozen cauliflower or any variety of frozen mixed vegetables would be delicious.
Try ground beef or ground turkey instead of chicken.
Sprinkle on some shredded cheese in the last five minutes of baking.
How to make broccoli cheddar chicken casserole
Making this casserole is as easy as mixing all the ingredients in a casserole dish and baking!
Put the cooked broccoli in the bottom of the casserole dish.
Add the rest of the ingredients in with the broccoli.
Bake 30 minutes and then top with the rest of the French fried onions.
Bake another 5 minutes or until onions are golden.
Salt to taste. Serve and enjoy!
Other casserole recipes you may enjoy:
Pin this broccoli cheese casserole to Pinterest!
Broccoli Cheddar Casserole
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups broccoli florets cooked
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions divided
- 1 5-oz can premium chunk white meat chicken
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add soup, milk, pepper, broccoli and 2/3 cup of the French Fried onions to a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish. Bake covered for 25 minutes. Stir, then sprinkle on remaining French fried onions and bake uncovered for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown.