I partnered with Snake River Farms for this post. All opinions are my own.
There’s not much better than a great steak, right? But, this jalapeno lime compound butter for steak enhances the rich flavor of beef and adds impact and elegance to your meal with very little effort.
It’s also delicious served with grilled corn-on-the-cob and baked potatoes and super duper easy to make.
Steak Butter Ingredients
- Steak – See my notes on Snake River Farms American Wagyu Beef below (and save 10% off your order with code EMM10).
- Jalapeno – Remove the seeds and use a food processor (or knife) to chop it finely.
- Butter – 1 stick of butter, softened. I always use unsalted butter so I can control the salt myself, but if you use salted butter, don’t add additional salt.
- Lime juice – Freshly squeezed is always best. You should be able to get 2 teaspoons out of a single lime if you use a good juicer.
- Garlic – one clove is plenty. Chop it finely with a food processor or knife.
- Sea salt – 1/2 teaspoon should do the trick.
- Cracked black pepper – Use a grinder to crush about 1/2 teaspoon of peppercorns. If you don’t have a grinder, you can place the peppercorns in a frying pan and press down on them with the bottom of another pan to crush them. Works like a charm!
- Fresh thyme – Separate the leaves from the stems and chop finely. In a pinch, you could use dried thyme.
Snake River Farms American Wagyu Beef
Up until college (when I began to cook my own meals) I hated steak… hated it, and when I finally tried making it myself, I realized it wasn’t that I hated it, I hated how my mom cooked it (RARE) and the cuts she chose.
I’m still especially picky about beef, well, actually all meat, and that’s why I like Snake River Farms American Wagyu Beef. It has a rich flavor and superb marbling, two things that are a must in a top-quality steak. Yes, quality costs a little more but believe me, it’s worth it. (My favorite is Filet Mignon!)
So which steak cuts did I lavish with my garlic compound butter for steak?
- SRF American Wagyu New York End Cut Steak
- SRF American Wagyu Filet Mignon
- SRF American Wagyu Top Sirloin
About Snake River Farms
Pioneer and visionary, founder Robert Rebholtz Sr., began breeding an entirely new kind of cattle from Wagyu bulls and high-quality Continental cattle.
It’s what we now know as American Wagyu Beef, and the ranch-to-table results have earned the company a heck of a lot of fans, including me.
Compound Butter Recipe Directions
Add all ingredients to a large bowl and mix together thoroughly. Roll into a log shape, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate a couple of hours.
Cut off slices as desired and place atop a freshly grilled steak.
The compound butter will melt over the top of the hot meat, enhancing its flavor even more.
Try the compound butter for steak on corn-on-the-cob and baked potatoes too. YUM!
Snake River Farms Coupon Code
Drooling yet? Head over to the Snake River Farms website and save 10% off your order with code EMM10.