This strawberry icebox pie with Oreo crust is such a creamy, dreamy summer dessert!
It’s really the ideal dessert for this time of year. The last thing any of us want to do during this heatwave is turn on the oven! My air conditioner is having a tough enough time trying to keep those 100-degree temperatures at bay.
So for those sticky hot days, cool off with this delicious no-bake strawberry icebox pie!
The filling is so creamy, cool and delicious and has just the right amount of sweetness to balance the semi-sweet bite of the OREO cookie crust.
Ingredients for Oreo Icebox Pie
- cream cheese
- whipped topping
- Oreos, any flavor
- Oreo pie crust
- strawberry ice cream
How to Make Strawberry Icebox Pie
Start by crumbling your choice of Oreo cookies into chunks. I like looking through the limited edition flavors and choosing one of those, but you could absolutely use classic Oreo cookies.
In an electric mixer, beat together the softened cream cheese and Cool Whip until smooth.
Make sure the cream cheese is softened to room temperature so that you don’t have to beat the Cool Whip too much.
Next mix in the strawberry ice cream just until smooth and workable.
Spread half of the ice cream mixture over the Oreo pie crust.
Then sprinkle the cookie chunks over the ice cream layer and be generous! You want those cookies to peek through in every slice.
Spoon and smooth the remaining ice cream over the cookie layer making sure to go all the way to the edges.
Freeze for at least two hours before slicing.
This strawberry icebox pie is positively scrumptious!
Ideas for other icebox pie flavor combinations
The beauty of the recipe is that it can be changed to suit any holiday, theme, flavor, anything! You just need five key ingredients, but you can use any variety of each.
Here are a few ideas to get you started…
- Mint chip ice cream with classic Oreos
- Strawberry ice cream with lemon Oreos
- Chocolate ice cream with classic Oreos
- Strawberry ice cream with chocolate marshmallow Oreos
- Chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate marshmallow Oreos
- Fudge ripple ice cream with classic Oreos
- Strawberry ice cream with golden Oreos
- Neopolitan ice cream with classic Oreos
Try my other homemade ice cream recipes too:
- Blueberry graham cracker ice cream
- Cookie butter crunch ice cream
- Lemon basil cookie crunch ice cream
Strawberry Icebox Pie with Oreo Crust
- 1 8 oz pkg PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese Important: should be at room temperature
- 1 8 oz tub COOL WHIP whipped topping thawed
- 1 pkg OREO cookies crumbled into chunks (any flavor) - I used Berry Burst
- 1 OREO pie crust or crumb crust of your choosing
- 1.5 qt ice cream any flavor, unsoftened - I used strawberry
- In mixer, beat together PHILADELPHIA Original Cream Cheese and COOL WHIP whipped topping until smooth. Mix ice cream in and combine just until ingredients are smooth and workable. Spread half of the mixture into the pie crust and smooth out.
- Sprinkle the OREO cookie crumbles over the entire ice cream layer. Be generous, because you want the cookie layer to show when you cut the pie.
- Spoon the remaining ice cream mixture over the top of the cookie crumbles, and carefully spread all the way to the edges, smoothing as you go. Place pie in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.