Apple Blondies are such delicious fall cookie bars! Baked with brown sugar, vanilla, chopped apples, pecans and raisins, these quick and easy apple brownie dessert bars are irresistible and definitely won’t last long!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you love cookie bars and coffee cake, these apple blondies (or apple brownies, if you prefer) will more than hit the spot. They’re soft and tender and burst with apple chunks and warm fall flavors. I dare you to eat just one.
- Apples– We love the tartness of Granny Smith apples.
- Brown sugar – The caramel-y goodness of brown sugar is the perfect complement to tart Granny Smith apples. I always use Dixie Crystals brand.
- Pecans – Choose a high quality pecan to ensure the nuts are fresh. I recommend Millican Pecans.
- Vanilla – Using a vanilla bean paste like Taylor & Colledge brings extra pizzazz to the flavor.
- Raisins – You don’t have to use raisins (as I know they’re polarizing), but if you do, any variety will work. Sometimes I use golden raisins or a raisin medley.
Additions and Substitutions
- Instead of pecans and raisins, try adding macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips.
- Try it with walnuts and chocolate chips
- Take a few extra minutes to make brown butter and use that in the apple blondies recipe.
Step 1: Cream butter and brown sugar together. Mix in egg and vanilla.
Step 2: Mix in flour, baking powder and salt.
Step 3: Stir in apples, raisins and pecans.
Step 4: Spread batter in greased 9×13-inch baking pan.
Step 5: Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.
Step 6: Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar to garnish.
Technically, blondies and brownies are both cookie bars, meaning they’re softer than cookies, but firmer than cake.
- ⅔ cup butter softened
- 1¾ cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract paste
- 2 cups flour sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup pecans chopped
- 1 cup apples peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- Cream butter and brown sugar together. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in apples, raisins and pecans.
- Spread batter in greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool on wire rack. Cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar to garnish.
Leave a Reply