My Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding recipe and this blog post was sponsored by KING’S HAWAIIAN® but the opinions are all my own.
Every year my family has a holiday party the week before Christmas, and today’s the big day. We all bring a ridiculous amount of food and just enjoy the day eating, chatting and laughing like crazy.
I’m bringing this delicious slow cooker apple cinnamon raisin bread pudding! It’s full of holiday flavors and is a showpiece dessert that everyone loves.
It’s served nice and warm right out of the slow cooker, and tastes extra yummy with a dollop of ice cream.
The key to the bread pudding is KING’S HAWAIIAN® Sweet Round Bread. That’s what makes it so irresistible. (Check your local Walmart for KING’S HAWAIIAN when you’re picking up holiday essentials.)
You’ll want the bread to be day-old, but if it’s not (and mine never is), don’t worry. There’s an easy solution.
But first cut the Sweet Round Bread into big cubes.
If it’s not day-old, toast the bread cubes on a cookie sheet under the oven broiler until lightly browned. See? I told you there was an easy solution.
Butter the inside of the slow cooker, and then put the bread cubes, apples, raisins and brown sugar in it. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the top, making sure every piece of bread is soaking up the goodness.
Then cover and let the slow cooker do its thing for a few hours.
You’ll end up with this delectable slow cooker apple cinnamon raisin bread pudding.
It’s almost too good to be true!
Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Round Bread cut into cubes (6 cups)
- 2 Granny Smith apples peeled, cored and chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 can 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Butter sides and bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut bread into large cubes. If not day-old, toast lightly under broiler in oven until golden brown. (It takes just seconds!)
- Add bread cubes, apples and raisins to slow cooker. Sprinkle brown sugar over top.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, sweetened condensed milk, regular milk, vanilla, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.sugar. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, making sure each bread chunk is soaking up the mixture.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.