This candy corn cookies recipe post was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples from Dixie Crystals but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Candy corn cookies are soft, chewy cookies loaded with candy corn and its buttery vanilla marshmallow flavor and a bonus bit of crunch from chow mein noodles.
- Candy corn – I used candy corn in the traditional colors of orange, yellow and white, but you could also use harvest corn, caramel corn or caramel apple corn.
- Sugar – I used granulated and brown sugar from our sponsor, Dixie Crystals.
Additions & Substitutions
- Try a different variety of candy corn – suggestions in ingredient notes above.
- Instead of chow mein noodles, add white chocolate chips, chocolate chips or nuts.
Step 1: Using electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars together until soft and creamy.
Step 2: Mix in egg and vanilla.
Step 3: In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cornstarch and cinnamon.
Step 4: Add to the wet ingredients and mix in just until incorporated.
Step 4: Stir in the chow mein noodles ( or your choice of mix-ins).
Step 5: Chill the cookie dough for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
Step 6: Using a cookie scoop, drop 1 1/2-inch balls of dough onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Step 7: Press a few candy corn pieces into the top and center of the cookie balls, making sure not to let it touch the baking sheet itself. (See expert tips below for more on this.)
Step 8: Bake for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look underbaked and have a bit of a sheen when done. Leave them on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Chilling the dough is very, very important. I recommend at least 4 hours and overnight is a-ok.
- Don’t let the candy corn touch the baking tray. The easiest way to avoid this is to press a few pieces of candy corn into the top and center of each chilled cookie ball right before baking. Candy corn melts easily, so if it touches the metal tray, it becomes a puddled mess.
- The cookies will look pale and underbaked when they’re done. Leave them on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before carefully transferring them to a cooling rack to cool the rest of the way.
Cornstarch binds with the liquids in your dough, so this makes your cookies spread less. It will also help them be soft and tender!
Candy Corn Cookies
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup chow mein noodles
- ¾ cup candy corn
- Cream butter and both sugars with electric mixer until creamy and smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cornstarch and salt. Add flour mixture to butter/sugar mixture, just until ingredients are combined. Stir in chow mein noodles. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate dough for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Scoop 1½-inch balls of dough and drop onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Press a few pieces of candy corn into the top and center of each cookie, making sure the candy corn doesn't touch the baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or just until set. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.