This creamy Cajun chicken pasta recipe is absolutely delicious!
It has a heck of a lot of flavor without a ton of work—something I definitely appreciate on busy days (or any day, if I’m honest).
Ingredients for Cajun chicken pasta skillet
- rotini pasta
- olive oil
- red and green bell peppers
- cream of chicken soup
- Cajun spice
Selecting a Cajun spice
You may notice there’s no salt added to this recipe and that’s intentional. Cajun spice is extremely salty on its own so you definitely don’t need to add any extra salt to the recipe. I use this Cajun spice and I love it, but I’d recommend using a low-sodium Cajun spice like one of these.
How to make creamy Cajun chicken pasta
Step 1: Prepare the pasta according to package directions.
Step 2: Saute peppers in olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add onion; saute 2-3 minutes until onions are tender. Add garlic; saute for another minute. Remove from heat.
Step 3: Stir in the chicken. You can use canned chicken, leftover rotisserie chicken or any cooked chicken you have on hand. I tend to go with canned chicken for this casserole because I always have that in my pantry. I make casseroles with canned chicken all.the.time.
Step 4: In separate bowl, stir together soup, milk and cajun spice.
Step 5: Add the soup mixture to the chicken and peppers and return to burner over medium heat. Bring the sauce to a simmer to make sure it’s well-heated.
Step 6: Toss the chicken and hot cooked rotini together and serve.
Love it spicy? Sprinkle a pinch of extra Cajun spice over the top. You know I did!
I like making this creamy Cajun chicken pasta with rotini pasta because the sauce gets into all those nooks and crannies, but feel free to experiment with other pasta shapes.
Other pasta recipes you’ll love
- Linguine with basil and brie
- Garlic broccoli pasta
- Penne pasta with pumpkin sauce
- Ham and bowtie pasta
- Kickin’ chili mac
- Grilled summertime veggies with pasta
- Pumpkin pasta with crispy fried sage and pine nuts
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ red pepper chopped
- ½ green pepper chopped
- ½ small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 10 oz can chicken breast
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp cajun spice
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside. (Ideally, you'll want the pasta to finish cooking when the sauce is ready.)
- Saute peppers in olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add onion; saute 2-3 minutes until onions are tender. Add garlic; saute for another minute. Remove from heat. Add chicken.
- In separate bowl, stir together soup, milk and cajun spice. Add to pepper mixture and return to burner over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to chicken mixture, toss together and serve.