Next to pizza, pasta is my super thing! Not only is it feel-good food and mighty tasty, but it’s incredibly versatile, easy to prepare and nutritious. A one-cup cooked serving (2 oz. dry) of Dreamfields pasta provides 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein!
Did you know it’s National Pasta Month? Let’s celebrate!
I thought I would share a quick and easy stovetop pasta recipe I whipped up using Dreamfields Rotini last weekend. It’s a Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet, and it’s darn good.
It’s not hard to make a great pasta dish when you’re using Dreamfields pasta; just look at these glorious rotini twists.
But let’s back up a bit, because first you want to saute some peppers, onion and garlic.
Then add the chicken, cajun spice and soup mixture.
And then you toss in the rotini pasta to coat. All that’s left for you to do is serve up the goodness. It’s dinner time!
Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet
- 3 cups rotini pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 10 oz can chicken breast
- 1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp cajun spice
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain again.
- Saute peppers in olive oil for about 3 minutes. Add onion; saute 2-3 minutes until onions are caramelized. Add garlic; saute for another minute. Remove from heat. Add chicken.
- In separate bowl, stir together soup, milk and cajun spice. Add to pepper mixture and return to burner over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to chicken mixture, toss together and serve.
Love it spicy? Sprinkle a pinch of extra Cajun spice over the top. You know I did!
I like making this Cajun Chicken Pasta Skillet with rotini pasta, but Dreamfields has lots of nutritious and delicious pasta varieties. Any of them would work in this recipe, and part of the fun of cooking and eating pasta is experimenting with different kinds.
Find out more at DreamfieldsFoods.com
One lucky reader will win a Dreamfields Family pack and $25 gift card.
Partnered post. All opinions are my own.