I always love the arrival of apple season as it brings with it such warm and wonderful fall flavors, and baking these caramel apple cups fills the kitchen with joyful aromas.
Apple, cinnamon, caramel… they warm your heart before you even take a bite.
Since they’re so easy to make, you’ll have them in your belly before long too!
Ingredients for this apple dessert with biscuits
- refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (oversized)
- brown sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- powdered sugar
How to make caramel apple biscuits cups
Start by cutting up a package of refrigerated biscuits into pieces, and you need those oversized biscuits, not the little wimpy ones. Stir in chopped apples, melted butter, sugar and cinnamon and spoon into muffin cups.
Oooo, this is gonna be good.
Now bake those babies.
While the caramel apple cups are baking, prepare the caramel apple glaze on the stove.
When the dessert cups are done baking, drizzle the glaze over the top and serve while still warm.
If you can’t serve them while warm, don’t panic! They’ll still taste great… it’s just that warm apples and cinnamon are always a special treat. Plus, you can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds if you want to recapture some of that magic.
Enjoy! These caramel apple muffin cups are delicious!
More apple desserts to try:
- Apple salad with toasted walnuts
- Caramel apple cake
- Apple fritters
- Taffy apple salad
- Slow cooker apple cinnamon raisin bread pudding
- Apple cider pancakes with apple crumble topping
- Apple cinnamon donut bites
Caramel Apple Cups
- 1 can oversized refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 granny smith apple peeled and chopped
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar firmly packed
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces; place pieces in large bowl. Add butter, apple, sugar and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon into lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan.
- While baking, mix brown sugar and cream in small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spoon warm icing over warm caramel apple cups.