This taffy apple salad recipe was a regular at potlucks when I was a child. Do people still do potlucks? I used to love them!
But anyhow, I remember looking for the taffy apple salad at every potluck and putting a ridiculously large amount of it on my plate. It’s called “salad”, but let’s be honest. This is all types of dessert.
Ingredients for apple pineapple fruit salad
- crushed pineapple
- whipped topping
- mini marshmallows
How to make taffy apple salad
There’s a little more involved to making this than the grape salad recipe I posted last week, and by involved, I mean you have to cook on the stove for a few minutes. It’s worth it.
It’s easy to make. Take a look!
Taffy Apple Salad
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz crushed pineapple with juice
- 3-4 cups apples peeled and chopped (about 5 medium apples)
- 8 oz container Cool Whip
- 2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- In medium saucepan over low heat, combine vinegar, flour, egg and sugar. Add pineapple with juice; stir continuously and cook until mixture thickens. Chill 15 minutes.
- Add Cool Whip, apples, marshmallows and peanuts. Mix together. Chill and store in refrigerator.