I made this Mongolian crab fried rice recipe in partnership with San-J, and my family went completely bazonks when they tasted it! Stir fried rice has always been a favorite, but this was the first time I flipped it upside down with new flavors and new ingredients.
Boy oh boy, did it work!
I had a variety of San-J products to play around with when creating the recipe, and I knew upon tasting the sweet and savory Mongolian Stir-Fry & Marinade (gluten-free) that it would perfectly enhance the flavor of the crab meat.
To make the Mongolian crab fried rice, start cooking the jasmine rice. While that cooks, get your veggies chopped and then saute those babies. When they’re ready, you’ll add in the Mongolian sauce.
In a separate frying pan, get the onion and ginger going. To this, you’ll add the now-cooked jasmine rice. All of it.
Now comes the soy sauce twist. Have you ever tasted soy sauce and thought it was overly salty and a bit severe on the tongue? Right? Well that won’t do, so I want you to use San-J Organic Tamari sauce because it has a smoother, richer, more palatable flavor than regular soy sauce. Trust me.
Bonus; it’s gluten-free too.
So add that tamari.
Then the cooked veggies.
Then the crabby bits.
Now just give it all a good toss-together. let it heat through, and dinner is served.
Mongolian Crab Fried Rice
- 1 cup jasmine rice, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut to thumb-size
- 1 cup shaved brussels sprouts
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 15.5-oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas and diced carrots
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup sweet onion, diced
- ½ cup San-J Mongolian Stir-fry & Marinade
- 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp ginger, finely minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp white pepper
- ¼ cup San-J soy Organic Tamari
- 8 oz pre-cooked crab meat
- Start cooking rice according to package directions.
- Saute broccoli, brussels sprouts, green onions, garbanzo beans, peas and carrots and jalapeno pepper in 2 Tbsp oil over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Stir in onions, saute another 3 minutes.
- Add San-J Mongolian Stir-fry & Marinade. Reduce heat to medium, and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In separate large frying pan, saute onion and ginger in remaining 2 Tbsp oil until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cooked rice and ½ tsp white pepper. Fry about 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add San-J Tamari soy sauce, then add crab meat. Mix until fully integrated and crab is heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add vegetable mixture to rice mixture. Stir together and serve.