My mom spoiled us with treats like cherry delight when we were little, because every night after dinner she served us a homemade dessert. Her meals weren’t all that impressive (sorry, Mom), but her cakes, pies, and sweet treats were outstanding.
And I remember how she would top those desserts with a dollop of whipped cream. Oh how I loved that extra little flourish!
And oh, how I loved to be the first person to dig a spoon into a freshly opened container of Cool Whip. I always volunteered to be the dollop’er so I could do that!
Now that I create my own desserts, I use Cool Whip too. Sometimes it’s a topping, and sometimes it’s an ingredient in a treasured recipe. I love the memories, and I love the taste!
So, I just couldn’t resist sharing one of my favorite everyday desserts with you. It doesn’t last long in my house, and it probably won’t last long in yours either. 🙂
Ingredients for Cherry Delight
Graham crackers, rolled fine (or use graham cracker crumbs)
Ingredients For Cherry Delight Filling:
Cool Whip Whipped Topping
Cherry pie filling
How to make this cherry no bake cheesecake dessert
Combine crust ingredients and press in bottom of 7 x 11 x 1 1/2″ pan.
Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until blended and smooth. Spread over crust. It will be very thick.
Fold the vanilla and sugar into the Cool Whip topping, and spread over the cream cheese.
Combine the cherry pie filling and almond extract. Gently smooth it over the top of the COOL WHIP layer.
Chill overnight before serving. (I usually cover it carefully with plastic wrap when I refrigerate it.) Cut into squares before serving, and enjoy!
Cherry Delight Dessert
- 20 graham cracker squares (10 full sheets) rolled fine (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 8- oz pkg cream cheese
- 3 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 cup COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- Combine crust ingredients and press in bottom of 7 x 11 x 1 1/2" pan.
- Beat the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until blended and smooth. Spread over crust. It will be very thick.
- Fold the vanilla and sugar into the COOL WHIP topping, and spread over the cream cheese.
- Combine the cherry pie filling and almond flavoring. Gently smooth it over the top of the COOL WHIP layer.
- Cover carefully with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Cut into squares before serving.
This cherry delight dessert started out as a special occasion dessert. But because my kids love it so much, and it always gets such rave reviews when I serve it to guests, I’ve started making it often enough that it has become one of our everyday treats.