This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Food Lion. All opinions are 100% mine.
How about a luscious lemonade cake to celebrate spring?!
Lemonade cake was one of my mom’s favorite dessert recipes and since it’s Mother’s Day weekend and spring is fully in bloom, it seemed like the right time to share something she loved. If you didn’t know, I lost her just a few months ago, so it will be my first Mother’s Day without her.
Holding her close with memories, photographs, treasured recipes and fresh flowers from the garden (she adored gardening) helps ease the heartache… just a little bit.
And since she taught me how to make this lemonade cake as a little girl, I can’t help but smile with every bite I take.
The sweet, yet tart lemony flavor is so perfectly springtime, don’t you think?
To make the lemonade cake just like my mom did, I mix together lemon cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil and pour that into a prepared cake pan.
Once baked, I let it cool for 5 minutes while I whisk together frozen (but thawed) lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar, and I poke a zillion holes in the warm cake from top to bottom and side to side. Then I slowly pour the lemonade glaze over the entire cake, letting it completely soak in.
Oh my goodness!
Let the cake cool completely, and then enjoy as is…
… or top it with your choice of ice cream, whipped topping or frosting.
And be sure to go full-on springtime with a fresh bouquet of flowers for mom or for the table.
I get all my ingredients and my flowers at Food Lion for such an affordable price. They have a great selection of products to help me nourish my family on a budget. I base my meal plan on the weekly deals and incorporate fresh fruits and veggies from the recently redesigned produce section.
Everything is always so fresh at Food Lion, including the cut flower bunches. I love the cheery colors and the smell of spring is impossible to resist!
Pin the lemonade cake recipe!
- 1 15.25 oz pkg lemon cake mix
- 1 lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 6-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, blend together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from edges of pan. Cool in pan about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In medium bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar.
- Thoroughly poke warm cake through to bottom with a large utility fork. Slowly pour or spoon glaze over cake until completely absorbed. Cool.