How about a luscious Lemonade Cake to celebrate spring?! With a light and fluffy cake base infused with zesty lemon glaze and a creamy whipped topping, this lemonade poke cake is the perfect combination of sweet and tangy.
Why You’ll Love This Lemonade Cake Recipe
- The perfect combination of sweet and tangy
- A wonderful springtime recipe
- Moist and tender texture
- Perfect as a snack or dessert but also wonderful for brunch
- Lemon cake mix
- Lemon pudding mix (instant)
- Frozen lemonade concentrate
- Powdered sugar
Easy Lemonade Cake Directions
Step 1: In a stand mixer, add the eggs, water, oil, cake mix, and pudding mix. Beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.
Step 2: Pour into the prepared pan.
Step 3: Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from edges of pan. Remove the cake from oven and cool in pan about 5 minutes.
Step 4: Meanwhile, whisk together the lemonade concentrate and sifted powdered sugar until smooth.
Step 5: Poke holes all over the cake.
Step 5: Slowly pour the lemonade glaze over the entire cake; let it soak in completely.
Step 6: Let cake cool completely before cutting. Serve each cake slice with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. OR you can enjoy it without any topping at all – it’s super moist and DELICIOUS!
For each 1 cup of powdered sugar, combine 1 cup of granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon of cornstarch in a blender; blend until it reaches a fine powder.
You bet, but if you do bake the cakes in round baking pans, baking time will vary by up to 15 minutes.
If you want to sprinkle a lemon zest on top of the whipped cream for decoration, it would be pretty, but the flavor of the frozen lemonade concentrate is intense enough that you don’t need additional lemon flavor.
You can leave the cake at room temp the first day, but due to the high moisture content, I recommend storing the cake in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
- 1 15.25 oz pkg lemon cake mix
- 1 lemon instant pudding mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 6-oz can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, blend together cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil. Beat at medium speed for 4 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 9×13-inch baking pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and cake begins to pull away from edges of pan. Cool in pan about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. In medium bowl, whisk together lemonade concentrate and powdered sugar.
- Thoroughly poke warm cake through to bottom with a large utility fork. Slowly pour or spoon glaze over cake until completely absorbed. Cool.