This easy strawberry bread (strawberry quick bread) is a sweet, moist quick bread that smells (and tastes) heavenly! It takes full advantage of spring’s bounty of fresh-from-the-field strawberries but can be made all year long.
The strawberry bread recipe makes one loaf but could easily be doubled. Keep one for yourself and give one as a gift. Better yet, freeze the second one for later.
Ingredients – What You’ll Need
- fresh strawberries – rinsed, hulled and chopped
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking soda
More delicious strawberry recipes you’ll love
How to Make Strawberry Bread with Fresh Strawberries
In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
In a separate large bowl, whisk eggs and oil together, then fold in strawberries.
Gradually add strawberry and egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Don’t overmix.
Pour and spread evenly in a greased and floured 9×5-inch loaf pan.
Bake 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 15-20 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Strawberry Bread Recipe Tips
- Double the recipe to make two loaves!
- Instead of using grease and flour to prepare the loaf pan, use a baking spray as a 2-in-1 solution.
- Drizzle a strawberry glaze over the top of the cooled bread. Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/4 cup finely diced strawberries, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1-2 tablespoons of milk to reach desired consistency.
Yes, but frozen fruit tends to be watery and smooshy so it may not have quite the same results. I recommend tossing the frozen fruit in a bit of flour before adding to recipe.Frozen fruit also lowers the temperature so baking time may need to be increased.
Store it covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Strawberry Bread (Strawberry Quick Bread)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cups sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup oil
- 1 cup strawberries rinsed, hulled and diced
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk eggs and oil; fold in strawberries. Gradually add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Don't overmix.
- Pour into a greased and floured 9×5-inch loaf pan. Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.