This lavender lemon bread post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Lavender lemon bread (made in mini loaf pans) is bursting with sunshine-y lemon flavor and a gentle hint of lavender and is topped with a lemon drizzle icing for the perfect spring dessert treat.
Key Ingredients for Lavender Lemon Bread
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Lavender sugar – easy to make yourself! (See below.)
- Fresh lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
How to Make Mini Lemon Lavender Bread Loaves
Step 1: Whisk together the dry ingredients; set aside.
Step 2: Make the lavender sugar.
How to Make Lavender Sugar
- Lavender buds – Make sure you get culinary-grade lavender buds which are safe for use in baking.
- Dried lemon peel – While I usually prefer to use fresh lemon zest in my baking, I recommend using dried lemon peel when making lavender sugar so as not to introduce moisture to the sugar mixture.
- Granulated sugar – Dixie Crystals granulated sugar is the best!
Using a food processor, blend together granulated sugar, lemon peel and lavender buds until it comes together in a fine lavender sugar blend.
Step 3: In a mixer, cream together butter and lavender sugar mixture for 5-6 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, blending between additions.
Step 4: In small bowl, stir together buttermilk, vanilla and lemon juice. Set aside.
Step 5: On low speed, alternate adding half the flour mixture then slowly pour in buttermilk mixture. Add remaining flour mixture until just combined. Don’t overmix. Pour into greased mini loaf pans, dividing batter evenly.
I love making quick bread in smaller loaves sometimes. They’re great for individual portions and they bake faster! (This 6-loaf pan from Circulon is fantastic.)
Step 6: Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on cooling rack in pans for 15 minutes before turning out loaves and cooling completely.
Step 7 : Whisk together the glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled lavender lemon bread loaves.
Ingredients for Lavender Lemon Glaze
- Powdered sugar – Dixie Crystals is the best!
- Buttermilk or plain milk
- Fresh lemon juice and zest
- Pinch lavender buds – culinary-grade lavender buds
Cut mini loaves into slices or just bite into a whole one. No judgment!
Thursday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Carrot Cake Muffins by Sweet Beginnings
- Carrot Sponge Cake by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Coffee Cinnamon Rolls by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Crepes with Orange Butter and Almonds by That Recipe
- Easter Cookie Cake by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Key Lime Mini Loaf Cakes by Jen Around the World
- Key Lime No Bake Cheesecake by Devour Dinner
- Kumquat Lavender Marmalade by The Spiffy Cookie
- Lemon Lavender Bread by Eat Move Make
- Mini Coconut-Lemon Quick Bread by Palatable Pastime
- No Churn Praline Coffee Ice Cream by For the Love of Food
- Raspberry Almond Cappuccino Parfaits by Blogghetti
- Raspberry Almond Scones with Coffee Glaze by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Rhubarb Cheesecake Bars by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Pie by House of Nash Eats
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let’s celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to doorcountycoffee.com so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas. Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes. Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap! Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit https://www.dixiecrystals.com/ for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos. Melissa’s Produce is giving one reader a Fabulous Fruit Fare Basket. Forget your basic apples and bananas and try faraway tropical fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Gold Pineapple, and Coconut, and exotic treasures like Asian Pear, Kiwi, Pepino Melon, Baby Bananas, Seasonal Tangerines, and Kumquats. Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa’s Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. The Melissa’s brand is named after Joe and Sharon’s daughter, who takes an active role in the company. The company’s Food Service Division has become a full-service operation that supplies culinary professionals with staples, exotics and Melissa’s full line of organic produce. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the very best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes! Circulon is giving one reader a 5 piece baking set including two 9-inch cake pans, a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and 10 x 15 cookie pan! It’s everything you need to get baking in the kitchen. Circulon’s commitment to detail and design for nonstick cookware makes your time in the kitchen more enjoyable due to their 4 “Must Haves” of everyday cooking. The first is nonstick performance. The Circulon TOTAL® Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer premium nonstick reduces surface abrasion from cooking utensils to enhance nonstick durability. Then there’s durability. Hard-anodized, stainless steel, and aluminum construction is backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty for built-to-last cookware you can count on. The last two are even heat distribution and easy clean up. No matter what piece you buy it is sure to meet your expectations and help you enjoy your time in the kitchen. To see all the Circulon products visit https://circulon.com/ . Taylor & Colledge is giving one lucky winner a trio of extract pastes. One winner will receive Almond Extract Paste, Lemon Extract Paste, and Lavender Extract Paste to help you do your own spring baking! Taylor & Colledge was founded in 1897 in Australia and has been making extracts ever since! Their products can be used in two different ways when you baking. Whether you use the products as the fragrant, hero ingredient in your baking, or whether it’s a supporting sidekick, you can be assured that with Taylor & Colledge, it will be a pure, rich, full-flavored ingredient in your baking every time. Visit https://www.taylorandcolledge.com/ to learn more about their extracts. Nairn’s Oatcakes is giving away six of their awesome products to one winner. The winner will receive Nairn’s Gluten Free Original Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Caramelized Onion Flatbreads, Nairn’s Gluten Free Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Nairn’s Organic Oat Crackers. Nairn’s knows a thing or two about oats, they’ve been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. Since then their team has grown and they have two Edinburgh bakeries. They have a devoted team at each working on their recipes, mixing techniques, and ever-growing range. Check out their products and blog at https://www.nairns-oatcakes.com/
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Lavender Lemon Bread
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon culinary-grade dried lavender buds
- 2 tablespoons dried lemon peel
- ½ tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk can substitute regular milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, whisk together flour, salt baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
- Using a food processor, blend together granulated sugar, lemon peel and lavender buds until it comes together in a fine lavender sugar blend.
- In a mixer, cream together butter and lavender sugar mixture for 5-6 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Add eggs one at a time, blending between additions.
- In small bowl, stir together buttermilk, vanilla and lemon juice. Set aside.
- On low speed, alternate adding half the flour mixture then slowly pour in buttermilk mixture. Add remaining flour mixture until just combined. Don't overmix.
- Pour into greased mini loaf pans, dividing batter evenly. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool on cooling rack in pans for 15 minutes before turning out loaves and cooling completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and buttermilk (or milk) together. Drizzle or pour over cooled lavender lemon loaves. Stir in a pinch of lavender buds. Let sit until glaze is set.