This lavender lemon cheesecake bars recipe post is sponsored in conjunction with #SpringSweetsWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
These delicious lavender lemon cheesecake bars are quintessentially spring. A gentle lemon zing and a subtle lavender flavor come together in the creamiest of fillings and it all rests on a ginger cookie crust.
Key Ingredients for Lemon Lavender Cheesecake
- Nairns Stem Ginger Oat Grahams (gluten-free) – Why make a regular graham cracker crust when you can bring a little ginger zing into the mix?
- Dixie Crystals granulated sugar
- culinary-grade lavender
- Taylor & Colledge Lavender Extract Paste
- cream cheese (not light)
- sour cream
- heavy whipping cream
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make Ginger Oat Cookie Crust
Place about 20 cookies into a food processor and blend until chopped into crumbs. Combine crumbs, melted butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl and then press mixture into the bottom of a greased (or parchment paper-lined) baking pan.
How to Make Lavender Lemon Cheesecake Filling
Beat cream cheese in mixer until soft and creamy, then add sugar. Add sour cream, whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and lavender extract. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Spread filling mixture evenly over cookie crust.
Bake cheesecake for 1 hour or until center of cheesecake is nearly set. Turn oven off and crack open the door, leaving cheesecake inside for another hour. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Refrigerate 2-3 hours before cutting into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Wednesday #SpringSweetsWeek Recipes
- Blended Mocha Frappe by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Chocolate Matzo Tiramisu by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Citrus & Mint Fruit Salad by Books n’ Cooks
- Coffee Jelly Roll by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cream Cheese Cupcakes by Pook’s Pantry
- Easter Dessert Board by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Frozen Pineapple Margaritas by Family Around the Table
- Kumquat Upside Down Cake by Jen Around the World
- Lemon Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Lemon and Lavender Cream Pie by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Cooler Cookies by Blogghetti
- Lavender Lemon Cheesecake Bars by Eat Move Make
- Lemon Poppyseed Bread by The Carefree Kitchen
- Lemon Shortbread with Sprinkles by Shockingly Delicious
- Mini Carrot Ginger Rhubarb Bread Loaves by The Spiffy Cookie
- Mini Key Lime Pies by Palatable Pastime
- No Churn Lavender Ice Cream by Art of Natural Living
- Raspberry Almond Coffee Snack Cake by Sweet Beginnings
We share recipes from #SpringSweetsWeek on Pinterest! Make sure you follow the board to see all the delicious recipes shared this week.
Welcome to #SpringSweetsWeek 2021 hosted by Heather from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks! With the weather warming up and flowers beginning to bloom let’s celebrate with spring sweets and a fun giveaway! This year 24 food bloggers from around the country are sharing over 100 sweet recipes that are perfect for the spring season. So say goodbye to the snow and cold and get ready to enjoy the best spring treats like cupcakes, cookies, pies, dessert boards, and even a few beverages! Our #SpringSweetsWeek sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you to Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Door County Coffee, Circulon, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway with six amazing prizes and would love if you would take a moment to read about it and the prizes that you can win!
Check out the amazing prizes you can win in our #SpringSweetsWeek Giveaway!
Door County Coffee & Tea Co. is giving away one $50 gift certificate to doorcountycoffee.com so that one lucky reader can try any of their amazing coffees and teas. Door County Coffee & Tea Co. was founded in 1993 in Door County, Wisconsin. It is a small, family-owned business, roasting coffee the old-fashioned way – in small batches to exacting specifications. The mission has always been to produce some of the best-tasting and highest quality coffee. They have over 100 types of coffee, all of which are roasted right on site. Visit https://www.doorcountycoffee.com/ to see their selection of coffees and teas as well as to find some fabulous recipes. Dixie Crystals is giving away one propane kitchen torch which is ideal for caramelizing creme brulee or roasting peppers in a snap! Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. Our pure cane sugar products are all natural, non-GMO and provide consistently delicious results. Visit https://www.dixiecrystals.com/ for hundreds of recipes, holiday ideas, and plenty of baking videos. Melissa’s Produce is giving one reader a Fabulous Fruit Fare Basket. Forget your basic apples and bananas and try faraway tropical fruits such as Mango, Papaya, Gold Pineapple, and Coconut, and exotic treasures like Asian Pear, Kiwi, Pepino Melon, Baby Bananas, Seasonal Tangerines, and Kumquats. Joe and Sharon Hernandez founded Melissa’s Produce with a decade of produce industry experience in a small, rented produce warehouse lunchroom. The Melissa’s brand is named after Joe and Sharon’s daughter, who takes an active role in the company. The company’s Food Service Division has become a full-service operation that supplies culinary professionals with staples, exotics and Melissa’s full line of organic produce. Visit https://www.melissas.com to find the very best fruits, vegetables, gifts, and to get tasty recipes! Circulon is giving one reader a 5 piece baking set including two 9-inch cake pans, a 9 x 13 baking pan, a 9 x 5 loaf pan, and 10 x 15 cookie pan! It’s everything you need to get baking in the kitchen. Circulon’s commitment to detail and design for nonstick cookware makes your time in the kitchen more enjoyable due to their 4 “Must Haves” of everyday cooking. The first is nonstick performance. The Circulon TOTAL® Nonstick System of raised circles and triple-layer premium nonstick reduces surface abrasion from cooking utensils to enhance nonstick durability. Then there’s durability. Hard-anodized, stainless steel, and aluminum construction is backed by a hassle-free lifetime warranty for built-to-last cookware you can count on. The last two are even heat distribution and easy clean up. No matter what piece you buy it is sure to meet your expectations and help you enjoy your time in the kitchen. To see all the Circulon products visit https://circulon.com/ . Taylor & Colledge is giving one lucky winner a trio of extract pastes. One winner will receive Almond Extract Paste, Lemon Extract Paste, and Lavender Extract Paste to help you do your own spring baking! Taylor & Colledge was founded in 1897 in Australia and has been making extracts ever since! Their products can be used in two different ways when you baking. Whether you use the products as the fragrant, hero ingredient in your baking, or whether it’s a supporting sidekick, you can be assured that with Taylor & Colledge, it will be a pure, rich, full-flavored ingredient in your baking every time. Visit https://www.taylorandcolledge.com/ to learn more about their extracts. Nairn’s Oatcakes is giving away six of their awesome products to one winner. The winner will receive Nairn’s Gluten Free Original Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Oat Grahams, Nairn’s Gluten Free Caramelized Onion Flatbreads, Nairn’s Gluten Free Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Nairn’s Organic Oat Crackers. Nairn’s knows a thing or two about oats, they’ve been baking with them since 1896 when John and Sarah Nairn first opened their bakery in Strathaven, Lanarkshire. Since then their team has grown and they have two Edinburgh bakeries. They have a devoted team at each working on their recipes, mixing techniques, and ever-growing range. Check out their products and blog at https://www.nairns-oatcakes.com/
Thank you #SpringSweetsWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Door County Coffee & Tea Co., Circulon, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor and Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #SpringSweetsWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #SpringSweetsWeek giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #SpringSweetsWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #SpringSweetsWeek posts or entry.
Lavender Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 20 stem ginger oat grahams you'll need about 2 cups of crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 ⅓ cups + 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals granulated sugar divided
- 4 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon Taylor & Colledge lavender extract paste
- 4 eggs room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process into crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, melted butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Press into bottom of a greased (or parchment paper-lined) 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until soft and creamy. Mix 1⅓ cups sugar in well. Add sour cream, whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and lavender extract paste. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Spread filling mixture evenly over cookie crust.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour or until center of cheesecake is nearly set. Turn oven off and crack open the door, leaving cheesecake inside for another hour. Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before cutting into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.