These delicious Lemon Lavender Cheesecake Bars are quintessentially spring. A gentle lemon zing and a subtle lavender flavor come together in the creamiest of fillings, and it all rests on a ginger cookie crust.
Try this Lemon Lavender Bread recipe and these Strawberry Lemon Cheesecake Bars too!
- Nairns Stem Ginger Oat Grahams (gluten-free) – Why make a regular graham cracker crust when you can bring a little ginger zing into the mix? BUT, you could make a graham cracker crust. Or use any other kind of cookies!
- Culinary-grade lavender
- Lavender extract paste
- Cream cheese (not light)
- Heavy whipping cream
How to Make a Cookie Crust
Place about 20 cookies into a food processor and blend until chopped into crumbs. Combine crumbs, melted butter, and two tablespoons of sugar in a bowl, and then press the mixture into the bottom of a greased (or parchment paper-lined) baking pan.
How to Make Lemon Lavender Cheesecake Filling
Step 1: Beat cream cheese in a stand mixer until soft and creamy, then add sugar. Add sour cream, whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, and lavender extract. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the cookie crust.
Step 2: Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour or until the center of the cheesecake is nearly set. Turn the oven off and crack open the door, leaving the cheesecake inside for another hour. Remove from oven and cool completely.
Step 3: Refrigerate 2-3 hours before cutting into individual lavender lemon cheesecake bars. Store covered in refrigerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course! The flavor is subtle, but if you’d prefer, you can make lemon cheesecake bars instead.
It helps them cool gradually and evenly, which can help prevent cracking.
Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Lavender Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- 20 stem ginger oat grahams you'll need about 2 cups of crumbs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 ⅓ cups + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar divided
- 4 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ teaspoon lavender extract paste
- 4 eggs room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place cookies in a food processor and process into crumbs. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, melted butter and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Press into bottom of a greased (or parchment paper-lined) 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese in mixer until soft and creamy. Mix 1⅓ cups sugar in well. Add sour cream, whipping cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and lavender extract paste. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Spread filling mixture evenly over cookie crust.
- Bake cheesecake for 1 hour or until center of cheesecake is nearly set. Turn oven off and crack open the door, leaving cheesecake inside for another hour. Remove from oven and cool completely. Refrigerate 2-3 hours before cutting into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.