Thank you OREO Cookies for sponsoring this post. Discover the Stufabilities with OREO Cookies and Lowes Foods!
One bite of this OREO Cookies Double Stuffed French Toast and you’ll weep with joy.
Imagine golden-griddled bread slices overflowing with OREO Double Stuf Cookie cream cheese filling, drizzled with maple syrup and topped with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh berries.
Now that’s a mouthful of yum.
I dreamed up this delectable recipe when I heard about the Lowes Foods + OREO Stufabilities sweepstakes. It’s a chance for OREO Cookies fans (I’m definitely an OREO Cookies fan) to discover the Stufabilities of OREO Cookies by creating original recipes using OREO Cookies and Lowes Foods ingredients for a fun new Instagram sweepstakes. Winning recipes will be featured at the Lowes Foods Community Table! Make sure you enter by February 28th!
So, I uncovered the Stufabilities of OREO Cookies with this OREO Cookies Double Stuffed French Toast!
I started with a package of OREO Double Stuf Cookies and crumbled up about 10 of them. Don’t worry, the rest of the cookies won’t go to waste. Not in this house!
Then, I beat together softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, and those delectable OREO Double Stuf Cookie crumbles in a mixer.
It will turn into a soft and spreadable OREO Cookies cream cheese filling. I set that aside for a moment.
Along with the OREO Double Stuf Cookies, I also used a Lowes Foods Original ingredient in the recipe. I found the perfect Bread Crumb bakery bread and sliced it into eight equal pieces.
I whisked together eggs, milk, and cinnamon to make the custard, then got the bread ready.
I spread the filling on two slices of Lowes Foods bread and then sandwiched them together. I made four sandwiches like this for four servings.
I dunked both sides of the filled sandwiches into the egg custard and immediately placed them on a heated griddle. If I had used a thicker bread, I would have soaked the slices in the custard for just a bit, but it’s not necessary for thinner slices like this. A quick dunk on both sides will do.
I like to cook French Toast at a slightly lower temperature than pancakes – about 350 degrees, so they’ll turn golden with crispy edges and cook all the way through without burning.
Depending on your griddle, it’ll take about 3-4 minutes or so to cook the first side.
When the bottom was golden brown and crisping on the edges, I flipped them over to brown the other side.
Once the French Toast was cooked on both sides, I placed them on a cutting board to slice in half.
Can you see all that yummy OREO Cookie filling oozing out? Delicious!
Are you drooling yet?
I sprinkled a little powdered sugar on top and then spooned on some whipped cream and berries before drizzling on some real maple syrup (from Lowes Foods).
Now grab a fork and dig in! It’s crazy good!
OREO Cookies Double Stuffed French Toast
Pin this stuffed French toast recipe to Pinterest!
OREO Cookies Double Stuffed French Toast
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup OREO Double Stuf Cookies crumbled (about 10 cookies)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 slices bread
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- In mixer, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla and OREO Double Stuf Cookie crumbles until soft and creamy. Set aside.
- In bowl or container large enough to dunk bread slices, whisk together eggs, milk and cinnamon until egg has thoroughly incorporated. Set aside.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on two slices of bread. Sandwich them together with filling inside. Repeat with three more sandwiches.
- Preheat griddle to 350 degrees. Spray with butter-flavored cooking spray. Dunk both sides of the filled sandwiches into the egg custard, then immediately place on the pre-heated griddle. Let cook until golden and crispy (about 3-4 minutes, but time may vary depending on griddle). Flip over and cook the other side. Remove from griddle.
- Cut squares into triangles if desired. To serve, sprinkle with powdered sugar and spoon whipped cream and berries over top. Drizzle with real maple syrup.
Ok, fellow OREO Cookies lovers, it’s time for you to discover the Stufabilities! Enter the Lowes Foods + OREO Stufabilities sweepstakes and share your favorite original recipe on Instagram!
To enter, post a photo of your unique dish mentioning the OREO Cookie and Lowes Foods ingredient you used in your recipe. Follow @Lowesfoods, tag @oreo and @lowesfoods, and include #OREOStufSweepstakes and #LowesFoods in your caption. You’ll be entered for the chance to have your recipe featured at the Lowes Foods Community Table! Get all the sweepstakes details here. Enter by February 28th!