It’s fresh asparagus season and what better way to celebrate than with a bacon asparagus and spinach frittata recipe. It’s the perfect way to kick off brunch week, don’t you think?
Ingredients for spinach frittata with bacon and asparagus
(Exact ingredient amounts are listed in the recipe card below.)
- white cheddar cheese
How to make a frittata with spinach, bacon and asparagus
Step 1: In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Add half cup of the cheese and set aside.
Step 2: In a cast-iron skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel-lined plate to cool, then crumble. Drain off all but about a tablespoon of the bacon drippings and cook the onion a few minutes until tender. Add the garlic; cook one minute more.
Step 3: While the bacon is cooking, steam the asparagus until tender and bright green (2-4 minutes) then chop into 2-inch pieces and add to the cooked onion and garlic.
Step 4: Add some fresh baby spinach and saute until that wilts. It won’t take long!
Step 5: Arrange the ingredients in the skillet so that they’re evenly scattered. Add bacon crumbles to the egg mixture and pour over the vegetables. Cook for about 5 minutes without stirring until the eggs are starting to set. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
Step 6: As with most frittatas, this one starts on the stovetop and finishes it in the oven, so move the skillet to the oven and bake 10-15 minutes until the middle is barely set.
You’ll be rewarded with the most delicious bacon, asparagus and spinach frittata!
Other breakfast recipes you’ll enjoy:
- Bacon and sausage breakfast pizza
- Loaded breakfast casserole
- French toast club sandwich
- Breakfast bowl with Eggbeaters
- Bacon and cheese frittata
- Apple scramble
- Oreo stuffed French toast
- Smoked ham pancakes
- Mexican frittata (Crock-Pot Express recipe)
Bacon, Asparagus and Spinach Frittata
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup white cheddar grated, divided
- 6 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ onion diced
- 6-8 fresh asparagus spears chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper together well. Add 1/2 cup cheese. Set aside.
- In cast-iron skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Let drain and cool on paper towels; crumble. Drain all but a tablespoon or so of drippings from skillet and cook garlic and onion a few minutes until soft and translucent.
- While bacon is cooking, steam asparagus until tender (several minutes). Put in skillet with garlic and onion. Add spinach and cook until just wilted. Arrange ingredients in skillet evenly.
- Add crumbled bacon to the egg mixture, give it another whisk and then pour over the vegetables in skillet. Without stirring, cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until eggs begin to set. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, until middle is barely set.