This post has been sponsored by the Crock-Pot® brand. All opinions are my own.
I’m so excited because I found a brilliant new way to make one of my favorite spring recipes, a Mexican frittata. For years I’ve been baking it, but now I can make it in my Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Express Crock Multi-Cooker. Total game changer!
I love cooking with the Crock-Pot Express Crock; it makes my life so much easier. On days when I’m super busy or need to take a nap (no judging), I can use a pressure cook setting and have dinner on the table in a jiffy. It took just 15 minutes to pressure cook this delicious Mexican frittata!
I couldn’t have asked for a better cook on the frittata either – light, fluffy and evenly steamed. Magnifique!
There are 8 pre-set pressurized settings to make one-pot meals (like this Mexican frittata) a snap, but the Crock-Pot Express Crock also has a slow cook setting so you can enjoy a delicious hot meal later on in the day.
In fact, you could make the frittata using the slow cook function as well.
Don’t you love a kitchen appliance that can do everything you want? I know I do!
To make my Mexican frittata, I start by preheating the unit on the meat/stew setting and cook my chorizo, peppers and onions until the veggies are tender.
I whisk my eggs and cream together and stir in salt, pepper, chili powder and cilantro.
Then I add cheese!
The Crock-Pot Express Crock has a non-stick cooking pot (that’s dishwasher-safe – yay!), but since I use a chorizo puree which has the consistency of tomato paste, I add my egg and cheese mixture to the pot, swirl it all together and then pour the whole shebang into an 8-inch springform or cake pan.
Tip: If you use a springform pan, wrap foil around the base to stop any potential leaks.
Wipe out the inside of the cooking pot, add about 2 cups of water and the round steaming rack. Place your baking pan on top of the rack; lock and seal the pressure cooker and cook on high for 15 minutes letting the pressure release naturally.
When you open the Crock-Pot Express Crock, there will be some moisture on top of the frittata from the steaming process. That’s normal! Just dab it with a paper towel to absorb the water and you’re good to go.
All that’s left to do is EAT.
Cut the frittata into the desired number of servings and enjoy!
Mexican Frittata Crock-Pot Express Crock Recipe
Pin this Mexican Frittata recipe and share it with friends and family!
Mexican Frittata (Crock-Pot Express Crock recipe)
- 1/4 lb chorizo sausage puree or chorizo sausage, crumbled
- 1/2 cup poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup Mexican shredded cheddar
- Place the chorizo puree, onions and peppers inside the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker and press the Saute/Brown function. Cook, stirring frequently, until the onions and peppers are tender (about 3-5 minutes). Remove pot from cooking unit.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, salt, pepper and chili powder. Stir in cilantro, sundried tomatoes and cheese.
- Pour into cooking pot with sausage mixture; stir together then pour contents into greased 8-inch round baking pan or 8-inch springform pan. If using springform pan, wrap base with foil to help prevent leaking.
- Clean the inside of the cooking pot and pour 2 cups of water inside. Place wire rack in the pot. Place 8-inch pan on top of wire rack.
- Cover and close the Crock-Pot Express Crock making sure the pressure valve is in the closed position. Press the Meat/Stew function, set pressure to high. Set time to 15 minutes and push start. When cooking is complete, let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then carefully flip pressure valve to open to finish releasing the steam. When steam stops, open the lid and dab the extra steam moisture on top of the frittata with a paper towel. Carefully remove pan from the multi-cooker.
- Release the springform pan sides and slide frittata onto a serving dish. Serve immediately.