This BLT pasta salad recipe combines all the ingredients you love in a BLT sandwich (except mayo) with bowtie pasta and then it’s tossed in a delicious, creamy dressing.
You can absolutely make this with mayo if you want, but I don’t care for it, so I steer clear.
Ingredients for BLT Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- plain Greek yogurt
- sour cream
- garlic powder
- crushed red pepper flakes
- farfalle (bowtie pasta)
- mixed greens
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- shredded cheddar cheese
- cooked bacon strips
Substitutions and Additions
- This BLT pasta salad recipe could be made with mayo, but I like finding substitutes for mayonnaise (because I despise it). If you do want mayo, use it in place of the Greek yogurt.
- Add chopped red onion
- Add avocado slices
- Arugula adds a nice peppery flavor to mixed greens
How to Make BLT Pasta Salad Without Mayonnaise
STEP 1: In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes together. Set aside.
STEP 2: Cook the bow tie pasta according to package directions; drain. Add to salad bowl along with greens, tomatoes, cheese and bacon.
STEP 3: Add the dressing and toss to coat well.
You can make the salad several hours before serving and let it chill in the refrigerator.
Because it’s made with fresh greens, it’s best to eat it the same day. However, it has stayed fresh about 24 hours in my fridge before.
Absolutely! I’m partial to farfalle (bowtie pasta) for this recipe but rotini, fusille, penne or any other short pasta with nooks and crannies would work. Or just use your favorite variety!
Yes, if you’re a mayo fan, you can use the mayo instead of Greek yogurt.
Other Salad Recipes You’ll Love
- Zucchini zoodle salad
- Thanksgiving leftover salad
- Artichoke and sundried tomato pasta salad
- Sweet chili ranch potato salad with kale
- Carrot raisin salad
BLT Pasta Salad
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz bow tie pasta
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups cooked bacon chopped coarsely
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, sour cream, milk, black pepper, salt, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes until mixed well and smooth. Set aside.
- Cook bow tie pasta in lightly salted water al dente according to package directions; drain and transfer to a salad bowl. Add salad greens, tomatoes, cheese and bacon. Add dressing and toss to coat. Store covered in refrigerator.