This Fiesta Burgers recipe post is sponsored by Michelob ULTRA but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
There’s not much I love better than charcoal grilled burgers in the summertime, and I’m so glad I can still fit my favorite fiesta burgers into my healthier lifestyle this year. I’m extremely conscious of what I eat and drink, and I’ve been a heck of a lot more active so I don’t have to make unreasonable sacrifices either.
Life is good.
And these burgers are amazing.
The best way to wash down fiesta burgers is with your favorite beer. We love the pure, refreshing taste of Michelob ULTRA Gold. It’s made with organic grains, is triple-filtered and is free of artificial colors and flavors. Best of all, it fits perfectly in a healthy lifestyle with a mere 85 calories and 2.5 carbs.
It’s NEW so you have to go on the hunt for it. Check this product locator to find it near you.
And it perches nicely on the side of the grill making ice-cold refreshment for the grill master easy. 😉
If you spend the rest of the day outdoors with the family (like I do) playing badminton, watching the sun go down and making s’mores, it’s nice to know you’re making a better choice with Michelob Ultra.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapenos diced
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 6 slices cheddar jack cheese
- 6 tablespoons taco sauce
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 cups leaf lettuce cut into shreds
- 6 tablespoons pico de gallo
- 6 tablespoons chili lime tortilla strips
- 6 hamburger buns
Pico de Gallo
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion finely diced
- juice from half of a lime
- 1 Serrano chili pepper finely diced
- Mix chili powder,garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, black pepper, salt, pickled jalapenos, refried beans and plain bread crumbs together with ground beef. Form into six evenly sized patties.
- Combine ingredients for pico de gallo in a separate bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill burgers to desired doneness adding a cheese slice to each one in the last few minutes of cooking. Then build burgers. For each burger, layer the following: bottom bun, burger patty, 1 tablespoon taco sauce, 1 tablespoon sour cream, 1/2 cup shredded lettuce, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo, 1 tablespoon chili lime tortilla strips, top of bun. (Amounts of toppings can be adjusted according to taste.)
Live fit. Live fun. Live ULTRA.