Put a twist on breakfast night with these maple pancake breakfast sandwiches!
Filled with bacon, sausage and egg, they’re hearty enough to satisfy dinnertime appetites, and since the maple syrup is hidden inside, they make a great on-the-go mess-free meal too.
Ingredients for maple pancake breakfast sandwiches
- Krusteaz pancake mix
- real maple syrup
Tips for fluffy pancakes from a box
- Sift the pancake mix to aerate it and remove any hidden lumps.
- Don’t overmix the batter. Mix until evenly moistened and don’t worry about the lumps.
- Let the batter rest at least five minutes before cooking. This will break down the gluten and help moisten any remaining lumps.
- Make sure the griddle is preheated and hot. To test, flick a drop of water on the griddle. If it sizzles and pops, the temperature is right.
- Cook until bubbles appear in the surface, checking to make sure the underside is a nice golden brown.
- Flip with a quick wrist action without moving your arm too much.
- Resist the urge to pat down the pancake after flipping. That makes pancakes hard and dense!
- Cook the second side about half the time as the first side.
How to make pancake breakfast sandwiches
Start with a box of your favorite Krusteaz pancake mix, and you pretty much can’t go wrong. Mix it with water and maple syrup for a delicious twist on the classic buttermilk flavor.
Layer some bacon, sausage and egg between two mini pancakes, and you’re about to have a meal you’ll never forget, and will soon repeat.
Enjoy and Happy Breakfast Night!
Other breakfast recipes you’ll love
- Smoked ham pancakes
- French toast pancakes with cinnamon butter and berries
- Oreo stuffed French toast
- Mexican frittata
- Corned beef breakfast bake
- Sausage apple and cheddar skillet
- Bacon breakfast casserole
- Bacon and sausage breakfast pizza
Maple Pancake Breakfast Sandwiches
- 1 ¼ cups Krusteaz Heart Healthy Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- ½ cup real maple syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 4 sausage patties cooked
- 4 eggs individually cooked omelet-style
- 6 strips bacon cooked and cut in half
- Heat griddle to 350°F. Lightly grease griddle. Stir pancake mix, maple syrup and water together with a wire whisk. Batter will be slightly lumpy. (Do not over-mix.) Let batter stand 2 minutes.
- Pour pancake mix onto griddle to make about 3-inch pancakes. Cook pancakes 1 ¼ -1 ½ minutes per side, until golden brown, turning once.
- Layer 1 sausage patty, 3 half strips bacon and 1 egg between two pancakes to make a sandwich. Repeat for remaining sandwiches.