Need a simple but delicious chicken burrito recipe? This slow cooker burrito filling with chicken, beans, veggies and savory seasonings is the perfect dinner solution.
Slow cooker burrito filling ingredients
- cheddar cheese soup
- chopped green chiles
- whole kernel corn with poblano and red peppers
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- black pepper
- minced onion
- red pepper flakes
- pinto beans
- black beans
- shredded cheese, lettuce, tomato, sour cream for topping
Just toss everything into the slow cooker, let it simmer for a few hours, spoon into flour tortillas with desired toppings, wrap it up and dig in!
What makes a burrito a burrito?
Burritos are made with flour tortillas and are filled with meat and several other ingredients like rice, beans, cheese, tomatoes and lettuce. The tortillas are usually wrapped and sealed around the ingredients, not folded like tacos. They’re frequently topped with guacamole, salsa, pico de gallo and sour cream.
Burritos are usually handheld also, although “wet burritos” need to be eaten with utensils, and I’m partial to burrito bowls when I dine at fast-casual Mexican eateries.
What to serve with crockpot chicken burritos
We love serving Mexican rice and refried beans on the side. For dessert, this cool and refreshing cherry delight recipe always hits the spot.
I hope you enjoy these yummy crockpot chicken burritos!
Other slow cooker recipes you’ll enjoy
- Cranberry chili meatballs
- Turkey fajitas
- Slow cooker phillies
- Pumpkin posole
- Turkey tenderloin with maple glaze and wild rice
- Italian beef sandwiches
- Chicken tortilla soup
- Cheesy potato soup
- Mexican pork roast
Slow Cooker Burrito Filling
- 1 pound cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces or shredded
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chiles
- 1 15.25 oz can whole kernel southwest corn with poblano and red peppers drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 14 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 12 flour tortillas warmed
- chopped lettuce
- chopped tomato
- Stir chicken, soup, corn, garlic powder, chili powder, minced onion, salt, pepper, red pepper and cilantro into slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- In the last half hour of cooking, add beans; stir to mix through. Spoon into middle of tortillas, add tomatoes and lettuce and roll up.