I get so excited about sharing certain recipes, and this slow cooker Italian beef recipe is one of them. It makes such zesty, flavorful and tender Italian beef sandwiches. They’re irresistible!
While I do enjoy regular roast beef sandwiches, they don’t have “zing”, and I love me some zing. It’s safe to say everyone else does too since I never seem to have leftovers of this.
Throw everything in a slow cooker and let the seasonings cook into the beef for hours. Before serving, you’ll stir in the pièce de résistance -deli-sliced mild pepper rings.
They’re soooo good, and they bring the ‘ka-pow’ to this slow cooker Italian beef recipe.
Don’t be surprised if this crockpot Italian beef recipe becomes a family favorite at your house too.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 2 lb shaved beef or a chuck roast, trimmed of fat
- 1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 cup water
- 16 oz jar deli-sliced mild pepper rings drained
- Sandwich rolls of choice
- Optional: 1/2 to 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- Place beef into the slow cooker. Add Italian salad dressing mix, water and if you want the extra kick of heat, add the optional red pepper flakes.
- Cook on low setting 6-8 hours.
- About 15 minutes before serving, stir in pepper rings. If using a chuck roast, pull apart with fork when fully cooked. Add pepper rings and let meat roast in juices for 30 minutes to one hour.
- Toast sandwich buns under broiler and then serve with a generous amount of Italian beef.