I’ve never won a game of Scrabble in my life. Not even once. I can spell pretty darn well, but my strategy is weak, weak, weak.
You’d think I’d hate it then, wouldn’t you? Nope. It’s my absolute favorite game ever.
And now Hasbro has introduced Scrabble Flash, an electronic version of the game, and I am loving it! It won the Toy Industry Association’s 2010 Game of the Year award too!
In the game, players shuffle, slide and swap electronic letter tiles to form three, four and five letter words while trying to beat the clock.
You can play solo games or competitive games. My favorite is the solo game where you use all 5 letter tiles and form as many words out of those letters as you can before the time runs out.
I made a short little video to show you how it works.
When you’re done playing, the Scrabble tiles fit nicely in this cute little storage box. If you forget to turn the tiles off, they’ll do so automatically after about 3 minutes of inactivity.
Scrabble on Facebook If you’re a Scrabble fan, this is the place to hang out! Play Scrabble or Scrabble Flash, find word challenges, words of the day, coupons, news, tips and more!
Buy It! Game includes 5 SmartLink letter tiles (each with button cell batteries), storage box and rules. For 1+ players, ages 8 and up. Currently available for $26.99 at Amazon.
Win It! One lucky reader will win the game of Scrabble Flash!
Mandatory Entry: What is your favorite board game?
Optional Extra Entries (After you’ve done the mandatory entry, you may do as many of these extra entries as you would like, but leave a separate comment for each entry.)
- Like Scrabble on facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Like Family Game Night on facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow Hasbro Games on twitter – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me publicly on google friend connect, subscribe by email (leave email used – must activate) – 1 entry each
- Like A Nut in a Nutshell on facebook – 1 entry (leave username)
- Follow me on twitter @blueviolet and tweet the giveaway- may be done once daily – 1 entry (leave direct url to tweet) copy and paste the following:
Hey, Scrabble lovers! #Win the new Scrabble Flash electronic puzzle game! #giveaway http://bit.ly/ecpw1V
- Enter any of my active giveaways (listed in right sidebar) – 1 entry each
- Digg this post, stumble this post, add this to another site’s giveaway linky – 1 entry each (leave links so I can verify)
- Add my Mother’s Day Event button to your sidebar – 2 entries (leave url so I can come see it)
- Add my blog url to your text blog roll, add my button to your blog, blog about the giveaway – 2 entries each (leave link)
I received a product sample in exchange for my honest review, and one will be provided for the giveaway winner as well.
WINNER: #143 Danielle