This slow cooker homestyle spaghetti noodle soup with meatballs reminds me so much of one of my mom’s old recipes. She didn’t make it often, and usually just for company or for church potlucks, but it was so hot and soothing. It’s everything I want in a great homestyle feel-good dinner.
I decided to make an updated version of my mom’s recipe, so I mish-mashed my slow cooker pasta and slow cooker soup recipes together, and it worked. I love when experiments work!
I made it with the new RAGÚ® Homestyle sauce, their thickest and boldest sauce yet. It hugs the pasta and it tastes so good! I knew it would be great in a crock pot pasta recipe where the sauce needs to be really flavorful.
RAGÚ® Homestyle sauce is bold because the ingredients are peeled, chopped and simmered with a special blend of herbs (basil, fennel, oregano and black pepper) to layer and build the flavor. Yum!
And best of all, there are no artificial flavors, artificial colors or high fructose corn syrup. Now that’s homestyle.
Slow Cooker Homestyle Spaghetti Noodle Soup with Meatballs
First you’ll want to make your meatballs and brown them on all sides. While they’re browning, you can add the remaining ingredients (except for the pasta) to your slow cooker. Stir in. Gently spoon in meatballs. Let the soup cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for about 3 hours.
Stir in the uncooked pasta and let it cook for about 20 minutes or until tender. Enjoy!
Note: I like my soup really thick (like a chili), so I add 8 ounces of pasta, but if you want it to be thinner and soupier, use just 4 ounces of pasta.
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ bread crumbs or oatmeal
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 23-oz jar Ragu Homestyle Sauce
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (10 oz) cans Rotel original tomatoes
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 4-8 oz uncooked thin spaghetti noodles (see note)
- In medium bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs or oatmeal, Parmesan cheese, egg and salt. Form into meatballs, being careful not to overwork the meat mixture. Brown meatballs in a frying pan over medium heat. Set aside.
- Add remainder of ingredients (except for pasta) to slow cooker; stir together. Gently spoon in meatballs.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for about 3 hours.
- Stir in uncooked spaghetti (break into sections if desired). Let cook until pasta is tender (about 20 minutes).
What recipe would you make with RAGÚ® Homestyle sauce? For more Ragu traditions and recipe inspiration, click here!