Muffin Bottom Pudding Pie…
If you’re a Gilmore Girls fan, and I most definitely am, you’ll remember when Sookie talked about making a muffin bottom pudding pie.
Well, since the show is back on Netflix now (woohoo!) with the four part Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, it seems the perfect time to make one, don’t you think?
This recipe came from the must have Eat Like a Gilmore – the unofficial cookbook for fans of Gilmore Girls. I don’t normally buy cookbooks surrounding fictional characters, but this is Gilmore Girls.
Had to have.
You can’t help but fall in love with the quirky characters and their unique traditions: Friday night dinners, late night chit chats, coffee at Luke’s, Sookie’s kitchen mishaps. Having the chance to join them for any or all of these things makes me happy!
So does this Sookie-inspired muffin bottom pudding pie.
It’s so messy, but oh, so good.
So queue up the Gilmore Girls reboot on Netflix, and have a bite!
Gilmore Girls Muffin Bottom Pudding Pie
Gilmore Girls Muffin Bottom & Pudding Pie
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 5.1oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 16 oz tub Cool Whip
- 6 large muffin bottoms
- In a medium bowl, mix melted butter with crushed graham crackers and sugar. When mixture looks like wet sand, press it into the bottom and sides of a standard 8-inch pie pan.
- In a medium bowl, fold pudding into whipped topping until fully blended.
- With a sharp knife, slice muffin bottoms in half horizontally, so you have two circles from each muffin bottom. Place six slices on graham cracker crust to create a muffin bottom layer. Using half of the whipped topping pudding mix, layer over the muffin bottom layer, filling in the spaces between muffin pieces. Place remaining six slices of muffin bottoms on top of that, and finally add remaining whipped topping/pudding mix to cover muffin pieces.
Top with whipped cream and garnish as desired. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
This post is sponsored by Netflix #StreamTeam; opinions are my own.
Have you watched Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life on Netflix yet?