Raspberries are my favorite fruit and pretzels are my favorite snack, so what could be better than to combine the two in a dessert? Nothing, I tell you. Nothing. So I bring you this raspberry pretzel crunch recipe for a bit of sweet and a bit of savory.
But… it’s a dessert, so it’s mostly sweet. AS IT SHOULD BE.
But dang it if those pretzels don’t give just a hint of that saltiness along with their delightful crisp-ity crunch.
Raspberry Pretzel Crunch
If you have a food processor, you can crush your pretzels in there. Or if you don’t want to wash anything, you can use a heavy-duty gallon plastic bag and crush them with a rolling pin. I went the rolling pin route.
To make the crust, the pretzels get mixed with a bit of sugar and some melted butter and quick-baked.
Then all the goody-goody goodness goes on top! First the cream filling, then the berry layer. You can use raspberries on their own or use a mixture of berries. Your dessert, your rules.
But I used a mixture of raspberries, blackberries, black raspberries and blueberries.
Pretty sure the yum factor applies to any berry combo.
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- ¾ cup butter, melted
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (6-oz) pkg raspberry JELL-O
- 1½ cup boiling water
- 1½ cup cold water
- 1½ cup mixed berries
- Mix sugar, crushed pretzels and butter in 9 x 13-inch pan. Press tightly; then bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Cool.
- Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar. Fold in whipped cream, then marshmallows. Spread over cooled pretzel crust.
- Dissolve Jell-O in hot water; add cold water. Stir in berries and chill until slightly thickened. Pour over whipped cream mixture; chill until ready to serve.
Enjoy this raspberry pretzel crunch! It’s a great summer dessert.