This strawberry cream cheese tart recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
There’s nothing better than fresh local strawberries, right?
I eat strawberries all year round and enjoy them, but there’s simply no comparison to freshly picked berries from a nearby field, and I have to say… I’ve never had better strawberries than those in my old Michigan hometown. The sweetness was incomparable.
But enough pining for mitten berries… let’s just grab what we’ve got and let’s make a strawberry cream cheese tart!
First, the crust gets baked and if it poofs in the oven, show it who’s boss and gently un-poof it.
Once it cools off, you’ll fill it with a sweetened cream cheese mixture.
Then you’ll cut up lots and lots of fresh strawberries.
And place them round and round the cream cheese-filled tart pan.
Finally, brush some red currant jelly all over the berries. Seedless is best, but if you can’t find it… regular red currant jelly will do in a pinch. I don’t mind the seeds a bit so I often just go ahead with them.
The jelly really makes the pie glisten without resorting to a strawberry cornstarch sauce. (But you could…)
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
Scroll to the bottom for the strawberry cream cheese tart recipe!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Happylicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Parfait from Desserts Required
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No Churn Banana Pudding Ice Cream from A Blender Mom
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Coconut Lime Pound Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Old Fashioned Cocktail Upside Down Cake from Forking Up
- No Bake Lemonade Pie from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart from Eat Move Make
- Strawberry Sour Cream Pound Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Grocery Store Iced Oatmeal Cookies from The Beard and The Baker
- Cream Cheese Pastry with Almond Filling from Shockingly Delicious
- S’mores Pizza from Daily Dish Recipes
- S’mores Cookie Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away an Insulated Tote Bag, “I Knead to be Loaved” Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Printed recipe ebook, Yeast (three 3-strips of Platinum), French Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Bench Scraper/ Dough Cutter, Dough Whisk, Oven Mitt and Kitchen Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Sponsored items used in this recipe: Dixie Crystals sugar.
Strawberry Cream Cheese Tart
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 8-ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2-2 lbs strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1/4 cup seedless red currant jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, combine flour, butter, sugar and salt until crumbs are formed. Press dough firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9" round tart pan. Prick crust thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake for 30 minutes. If dough puffs up while baking, use the back of a spoon to gently press it down. Cool completely.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange strawberry halves cut side down to form a circle.
- In sauce pan over medium-low heat, heat jelly until liquified. Gently brush strawberries with jelly. Let sit 20 minutes. Chill at least 1 hour.
Pin the strawberry cream cheese tart recipe for later!