These strawberry glazed donut bites were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I love making itty bitty desserts! Today’s little poppables were inspired by my equally yummy apple cinnamon mini donuts. There’s just something about the tiny size and the ease of making them in a mini muffin pan that totally appeals to me.
So darn cute!
I was also inspired by the goodies I received from Adam’s Extracts, especially the imitation strawberry extract and that’s how the strawberry glaze came to be. Once the minis had cooled, I dunked them in a strawberry glaze.
And that’s actually where I intended to stop – with them drip-drying on the cooling rack.
But then I started thinking how yummy and cute they’d look if I rolled them in coconut. And strawberry and coconut work together beautifully, so I rolled the rest of them in coconut. (Tip: Make sure you’re using fresh coconut. Stale coconut is the worst.)
And voila! Strawberry glazed donut bites sprinkled in coconut!
You can roll the entire thing or just dip the top in the coconut. Or heck, if you’re not a coconut fan, skip that part entirely.
I made some of each!
Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites
Scroll to the bottom for the strawberry glazed donut bites recipe!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food
Pin the recipe for later!
Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites (Sprinkled with Coconut)
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon imitation strawberry extract
- Optional: shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In electric mixer, beat together sugar, butter and nutmeg until incorporated. Stir in milk. Add flour and baking powder until combined.
- Pour into mini muffin tin, filling just halfway. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove donuts to cooling rack to cool.
- Mix together powdered sugar, milk and strawberry extract for glaze. Add milk as needed. Dip each donut bite into glaze to cover. (If glaze is thin, you may want to double dip.) Let drip-dry on cooling rack or immediately roll in coconut and then place on cookie sheet.