These strawberry glazed donut bites were created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I love making itty bitty desserts! Today’s little poppables were inspired by my equally yummy apple cinnamon mini donuts. There’s just something about the tiny size and the ease of making them in a mini muffin pan that totally appeals to me.
So darn cute!
I was also inspired by the goodies I received from Adam’s Extracts, especially the imitation strawberry extract and that’s how the strawberry glaze came to be. Once the minis had cooled, I dunked them in a strawberry glaze.
And that’s actually where I intended to stop – with them drip-drying on the cooling rack.
But then I started thinking how yummy and cute they’d look if I rolled them in coconut. And strawberry and coconut work together beautifully, so I rolled the rest of them in coconut. (Tip: Make sure you’re using fresh coconut. Stale coconut is the worst.)
And voila! Strawberry glazed donut bites sprinkled in coconut!
You can roll the entire thing or just dip the top in the coconut. Or heck, if you’re not a coconut fan, skip that part entirely.
I made some of each!
Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites
Scroll to the bottom for the strawberry glazed donut bites recipe!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Bites from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream from Pastry Chef Online
- Green Tea Ice Cream from Mildly Meandering
Pies of Summer:
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cinnamon Oatmeal Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Lemon Chiffon Raspberry Parfait from Desserts Required
- S’mores Mousse Parfaits from Daily Dish Recipes
- Strawberry Pretzel Salad Parfaits from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- No-Bake Coconut Cream Pie In A Jar from A Southern Soul
- Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites from Eat Move Make
- Mixed Berry Fruit Pizza from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Strawberry Cake Donuts from The Beard and The Baker
- Lemon Doberge Squares from Southern From Scratch
- Mini Blueberry Galettes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Churros from My Sweet Zepol
- Key Lime Fudge from The Domestic Kitchen
- Chocolate Strawberry Eclairs from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from A Blender Mom
- Sweet Tea Bread Pudding from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Cream Puffs from For the Love of Food
Welcome to the 2nd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This sweet week-long event is filled with fun dessert recipes from amazing bloggers and some great giveaways from our generous sponsors! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with y’all and celebrate summertime sweets all week long!
There are 23 wonderful bloggers participating in this year’s event! With over 60 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 5 (five) great giveaways for you this week too!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1) Instant Pot (8 Qt) to one lucky winner!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – One bottle of Adams Best Vanilla Flavor, Adams Best Prize Winning Pound Cake Mix, Adams Extract Twice as Stong Vanilla and Adams Extract Lemon Extract
Prize #3– Red Star Yeast is giving away a gift pack including an Insulated Tote Bag, Apron, “The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day” Cookbook, Yeast, Rolling Pin, Measuring Spoons, Oven Mit and Dish Towel
Prize #4 — Susquehanna Glass Co. is giving away one set (4 glasses) of Mermaids Stemless Wine Glasses. (like the Mermaid glasses you’ll see in some of our recipes this week!)
Prize #5 — Lodge Cast Iron is giving away one (1) 12-inch Cast Iron Skillet.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. No PO Boxes Please. giveaway runs from July 9th until July 15th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Red Star Yeast, Susquehanna Glass Co. and Lodge Cast Iron! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Pin the recipe for later!
Strawberry Glazed Donut Bites (Sprinkled with Coconut)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon imitation strawberry extract
- Optional: shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In electric mixer, beat together sugar, butter and nutmeg until incorporated. Stir in milk. Add flour and baking powder until combined.
- Pour into mini muffin tin, filling just halfway. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove donuts to cooling rack to cool.
- Mix together powdered sugar, milk and strawberry extract for glaze. Add milk as needed. Dip each donut bite into glaze to cover. (If glaze is thin, you may want to double dip.) Let drip-dry on cooling rack or immediately roll in coconut and then place on cookie sheet.