Comin’ atcha again with this week’s Workout Wednesday! It’s a quad workout – feel the burn!
Killer Quad Circuit Workout
4 rounds | 30 seconds of rest between each round
~20-30 minutes total
Exercise 1: Jumprope for 60 seconds
- If you don’t have a jumprope, just mime the motion.
Exercise 2: Lunge kick x 10 each leg
- Stand with feet shoulder width apart, hands on hips
- Reach right leg back into a deep lunge. Knees and toes of both legs should be pointing forward.
- Bring right knee up so that right thigh is parallel with the ground
- Extend right foot forward slowly, keeping leg as high as possible. Squeeze your quad!
- Complete these movements 10 times on the right leg, then switch to left
Exercise 3: Ballerina squat x 12
- Place feet shoulder width apart and squat. Sit back into it; knees should not pass toes.
- As you come up, tap your right foot to the side.
- Repeat the squat and tap on the left side. You’ve done one rep.
- Complete these movements 12 times
Exercise 4: Pulse squat x 10
- Place feet shoulder width apart and squat
- Hold at the bottom of the motion and pulse five times, then stand back up
- Complete this movement 10 times
Exercise 5: Get-ups x 20
- Kneel on the ground
- Step with your right foot, then left foot so you’re standing
- For a challenge, jump up onto both feet at once!
- Kneel on the right, then left so you’re kneeling again
- Complete these movements 10 times, then 10 more leading with the left foot
Remember, you need to repeat this workout 3 more times for a total of 4 rounds. Have fun, and let me know in the comments if you try it!
Hey fit fam! Want a weekly email update on only my new fitness posts? Click here.