Everyone has their favorite version of a cheesesteak sandwich, right? Well, here’s one of my favorite ways to twist it a bit. My Cajun cheesesteak sandwich recipe adds a zesty kick of flavor to the classic, and it’s absolutely delicious!
The key to any great cheesesteak recipe is to use very thinly sliced beef, and fortunately, that seems to be readily available in the grocery store now. If not, ask your butcher, or you could use an electric meat slicer. (I’m far too lazy for that.)
Start by getting your chop on! All those delicious fresh veggies need to be cut into cubes.
Eventually it will all end up together in a flavorful heap. Add the cheese until it melts and mixes in, and it’s dinnertime.
Cajun Cheesesteak Sandwich
- 1 lb shaved ribeye (packaged as shaved beef)
- 3 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1 T Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 medium cubanelle pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- ½ large vidalia onion
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices yellow American cheese (the good stuff from the deli)
- 1 12" sub roll
- In medium bowl, mix ribeye, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan over medium heat. Add onions. Cook until softened. Set aside.
- In large frying pan over high heat, fry steak mixture until thoroughly cooked.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add cubanelle pepper and cooked onions. Mix and cook for three minutes. Add cheese. Continue cooking until cheese is melted and mixed well.
- Slice sub roll and fill with cheesesteak mixture. Cut into desired sandwich sizes.
By the way, you may want to pick up an extra pack or two of the shaved beef when you find it. You can use it to make these slow cooker Italian beef sandwiches!