It’s the 4th of July! My holiday weekend is going to be very low key since I just got back from vacation, but I wanted to do something festive so I didn’t feel like a complete party pooper. So I made these red, white and blue bars this morning in less than an hour.
Get in my Independence Day belly!
They’re so easy to make y’all. Prepare a box of Krusteaz Raspberry Bar Mix as directed on the package, but right after you spread the raspberry filling over the hot dough….
…sprinkle on 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries. Then add the remaining crumble over the top and bake as directed.
You’ll end up with red, white and blue bars that make a perfectly delicious patriotic dessert!
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
Red, White and Blue Bars
- 1 pkg Krusteaz Raspberry Bars
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together melted butter and crust mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Spoon 2/3 of crust mixture into pan. Press firmly into bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Spread raspberry filling evenly over hot crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup blueberries over raspberry filling.Crumble remaining crust mixture over blueberries.
- Bake 26-28 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Cool completely before cutting.