It’s the 4th of July! My holiday weekend is going to be very low key since I just got back from vacation, but I wanted to do something festive so I didn’t feel like a complete party pooper. So I made these red, white and blue bars this morning in less than an hour.
Get in my Independence Day belly! (These red white and blue Jello cups are festive too!)
They’re so easy to make y’all. Prepare a box of Krusteaz Raspberry Bar Mix as directed on the package, but right after you spread the raspberry filling over the hot dough….
…sprinkle on 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen blueberries. Then add the remaining crumble over the top and bake as directed.
You’ll end up with red, white and blue bars that make a perfectly delicious patriotic dessert!
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
Red, White and Blue Bars
- 1 pkg Krusteaz Raspberry Bars
- ½ cup 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- ½ cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8x8x2-inch baking pan.
- Stir together melted butter and crust mix with a fork until mixture is crumbly. Spoon 2/3 of crust mixture into pan. Press firmly into bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Spread raspberry filling evenly over hot crust. Sprinkle 1/2 cup blueberries over raspberry filling.Crumble remaining crust mixture over blueberries.
- Bake 26-28 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Cool completely before cutting.