This tomato and spinach pasta with meatballs recipe post was sponsored by Carando as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
This recipe makes a hearty, flavorful dinner. It looks and tastes impressive—as if you’ve been in the kitchen all afternoon— but it’s actually quite simple to prepare.
Tomato and spinach pasta with meatballs ingredients
- Carando Mozzarella Rustica Italian style meatballs (look for them in the refrigerated section of the meat department)
- olive oil
- diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- cannellini beans
- fresh spinach
- crushed red pepper
- Parmesan cheese
Why Carando meatballs?
Carando makes the best products with premium Italian ingredients so when I want robust authentic Italian flavors in my recipes… it’s Carando. The meatballs are fresh (a must for me) and can be used for so many different occasions to help you create authentic Italian style meals in less than 30 minutes.
How to make tomato and spinach pasta with meatballs
Tip on timing: Ideally, the fettucine, meatballs and sauce will all be ready at about the same time. The meatballs take 30 minutes, the pasta takes 20’ish (including heating the water) and the sauce takes about 15’ish minutes.
To make the spinach tomato pasta, prepare the fettuccine and meatballs according to package directions. Drain the pasta (reserving some pasta water, just in case) and set aside.
Once the meatballs and pasta are underway, cook garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5-7 minutes.
Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Stir in Parmesan cheese. If needed, add small amounts of pasta water at a time to reach desired sauce consistency.
Add the baked meatballs to the sauce and let simmer for several minutes before serving everything over the hot, drained fettuccine noodles.
Toss the fettucine, sauce and meatballs together and serve.
The meatballs are deliciously spiced, nice and tender and the perfect addition to this tomatoes and spinach pasta recipe.
This is such a flavorful (but easy to make) dinner the entire family will love.
Try this Caprese quiche made with Carando meatballs too!
Tomato and Spinach Pasta with Meatballs
- 1 16 oz pkg Carando® Mozzarella Rustica Italian Style Meatballs
- 16 ounces linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 onion minced
- 3 cans 14-1/2 ounces each petite diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 can 15 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package 10 ounces fresh spinach, trimmed or 1 package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- reserved pasta water as needed
- Bake meatballs according to package directions. Set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 2 cups of pasta water to add to sauce if needed. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes.
- Add spinach, salt and pepper; cook and stir over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Stir in Parmesan cheese. If needed, add small amounts of pasta water at a time to reach desired sauce consistency. Add meatballs to sauce and let simmer several minutes or until ready to serve. Serve sauce and meatballs over drained pasta.