This light and refreshing Caramel Apple Pear Salad is loaded with fall fruits and flavors. It’s a deliciously cool and creamy dessert salad filled with crunchy apples, tender pears, mini marshmallows, and a sprinkling of raisins. And best of all, you can make it in minutes!
- Pears – You’ll want an all-purpose pear like Bartlett or D’Anjou. They’re wonderful in salads and hold up well when roasted and baked too. I used Bartlett pears from Melissa’s Produce.
- Apples – Use a good crunchy apple, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji or Pink Lady. I used Fuji from Melissa’s.
- Mini marshmallows – You can’t have a fluff salad without them!
- Cheesecake pudding mix – instant pudding, not regular.
- Caramel sauce – Anything you’d normally drizzle over ice cream will work beautifully.
Tips and Substitutions
- Chop your apples and pears finer or chunkier, depending on preference.
- Drizzle a bit of lemon juice over the apples and pears to help prevent browning.
- Instead of raisins (or in addition to them) use chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts.
- Substitute butterscotch pudding for the cheesecake pudding for a more intense caramel-like flavor.
- Try different apple varieties. I think this would be delicious with Granny Smith apples too.
Step 1: Add chopped apples and pears to a large bowl. Sprinkle pudding mix over the top and use a spatula to evenly coat the fruit.
Step 2: Fold in the raisins (or nuts) and mini marshmallows.
Step 3: Fold in the whipped topping.
Step 4: Fold in caramel topping. Spoon into serving dish if eating right away or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until serving.
Step 5: Just before serving, drizzle extra caramel topping over the caramel apple pear salad for a pop of color. Totally optional, but I love the way it looks!
Welcome to #FallFlavors where more than 25 food bloggers are sharing recipes with favorite Fall flavors. Our sponsors, Millican Pecan, Dixie Crystals, Melissa’s Produce, Taylor & Colledge, Nairn’s, and Republic of Tea, have furnished participating bloggers with complimentary product to use in their recipe creations that they will be sharing this week. These same sponsors have generously offered prizes for our giveaway so be sure to enter and share with your friends so they can enter too. Be sure to follow our Fall Flavors Pinterest account for more inspiration.
Prize 1: Texas Pecan Candy Basket from Millican Pecan
The Millican Pecan Texas Pecan Candy Basket is loaded with a variety of pecan gifts. Includes 6 Milk Chocolate Pecan Clusters, 6 Milk Chocolate Caramillicans (similar to Turtles), 6 White Chocolate Caramillicans, 6 Pecan Pralines, and a 1/2 lb. Bag of Flavored Pecans! Every bit DELICIOUS! A $75 value.
Prize 2: Williams Sonoma Cleartouch Nonstick 6-Piece Bakeware Set from Dixie Crystals
Perfect for the occasional baker, our entry-level collection features a sturdy nonstick silicone coating at a great value. Aluminized steel, the material of choice for professional bakers, provides excellent heat transfer for even baking, so food turns out beautifully and releases easily, every time. 6-Piece Set includes: Half-sheet pan, 12-cup muffin pan, round cake pan, square cake pan, rectangular cake pan, loaf pan. An $80 value.
Prize 3: 3 Month Melissa’s Produce Gift Subscription
A stunning selection of the most delicious produce will be delivered once a month for 3 months. At Melissa’s, the produce is selected at their peak of perfection and packed by hand to ensure safe arrival. A $124 value.
Prize 4: A Red Dancing Leaves Teapot and a tin of Hot Apple Cider Tea from The Republic of Tea
Let the aroma of fresh apple and mulled cider spices envelop you as you sip this golden infusion. The crisp, lingering finish will leave you wanting more! A naturally-caffeine free blend of apples, cinnamon cloves and ginger. Reminiscent of apple cider, with the luscious aroma of cinnamon and cloves, make this cup the perfect accompaniment to the colors of the harvest season.
Embossed, windswept leaves whirl across this 20 oz ceramic teapot. Includes a stainless steel infuser. An exclusive design by The Republic of Tea. A $44 value
Prize 5: A selection of six flavors of Oat Crackers from Nairn’s
One winner will receive a box of each Nairn’s Original, Chocolate Chip, Stem Ginger Oat Grahams, Caramelized Onions, Rosemary & Sea Salt Flatbreads, and Oat Cracker. Nairn’s has been baking oats since 1896. They use simple, natural, and wholesome ingredients in their products. Minimum $25 value
Prize 6: A Selection of extracts from Taylor and Colledge.
One winner will receive a selection of extracts to include vanilla bean, almond, lemon, and lavender. In 1897, Taylor & Colledge won its first award for excellence in vanilla. Since then, the Taylor & Colledge commitment for unsurpassed quality has earned its reputation as one of the world’s finest producers of vanilla. Minimum of $25 value
Caramel Apple Pear Salad
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped pears
- ¼ cup instant cheesecake pudding mix
- ¼ cup miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup raisins
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- ¼ cup caramel topping , more for optional drizzle
- Add chopped apples and pears to a large bowl. Sprinkle pudding mix over the top and use a spatula to evenly coat the fruit.
- Fold in the raisins and mini marshmallows. Fold in the whipped topping. Add caramel sauce and fold in. Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap. Just before serving drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top, if desired.
More #FallFlavors Recipes Below:
Appetizers, Cocktails, and Snacks
- Apple Cider Old-Fashioned from Books n’ Cooks
- Fall Charcuterie Board from The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet And Spicy Pecans from Simple and Savory
Breakfast and Baked Goods
- Apple Cider Pecan Granola from Family Around The Table
- Apple Cinnamon Bread from Life Love and Good Food
- Apple Pecan Scones from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten-Free Apple Cider Doughnuts from Frugal & Fit
- Pecan Cinnamon Sugar Baked Apple Donuts from Jen Around the World
Soups and Salads
- Balsamic Glazed Cipollini Onions from West Via Midwest
- Roasted Cipollini Onions With Sherry Vinegar And Thyme from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Vegan Butternut Squash And Chestnut Kebabs from Magical Ingredients
- Cider Brined Baked Chicken from Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Air Fryer Apple Fritters from Devour Dinner
- Apple Cider Tea Madeleines from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Apple Crumb Bars from SueBee Homemaker
- Apple Nachos from Take Two Tapas
- Butterscotch Blondies from That Recipe
- Carrot Cake Cupcakes from Fresh April Flours
- Fall Fruit Galette from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Giant Butterscotch Cookies from An Affair from the Heart
- Gluten-Free Apple Pie from The Fresh Cooky
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Art of Natural Living
- Pear & Butternut Squash Crisp from Savory Moments
- Pecan Pound Cake from Soulfully Made
- Sour Cream Apple Pie from House of Nash Eats
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Recipe from Lemon Blossoms