This light and refreshing Caramel Apple Pear Salad is loaded with fall fruits and flavors. It’s a deliciously cool and creamy dessert salad filled with crunchy apples, tender pears, mini marshmallows, and a sprinkling of raisins. And best of all, you can make it in minutes!
- Pears – You’ll want an all-purpose pear like Bartlett or D’Anjou. They’re wonderful in salads and hold up well when roasted and baked too. I used Bartlett pears from Melissa’s Produce.
- Apples – Use a good crunchy apple, such as Honeycrisp, Fuji or Pink Lady. I used Fuji from Melissa’s.
- Mini marshmallows – You can’t have a fluff salad without them!
- Cheesecake pudding mix – instant pudding, not regular.
- Caramel sauce – Anything you’d normally drizzle over ice cream will work beautifully.
Tips and Substitutions
- Chop your apples and pears finer or chunkier, depending on preference.
- Drizzle a bit of lemon juice over the apples and pears to help prevent browning.
- Instead of raisins (or in addition to them) use chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts.
- Substitute butterscotch pudding for the cheesecake pudding for a more intense caramel-like flavor.
- Try different apple varieties. I think this would be delicious with Granny Smith apples too.
Step 1: Add chopped apples and pears to a large bowl. Sprinkle pudding mix over the top and use a spatula to evenly coat the fruit.
Step 2: Fold in the raisins (or nuts) and mini marshmallows.
Step 3: Fold in the whipped topping.
Step 4: Fold in caramel topping. Spoon into serving dish if eating right away or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until serving.
Step 5: Just before serving, drizzle extra caramel topping over the caramel apple pear salad for a pop of color. Totally optional, but I love the way it looks!
Caramel Apple Pear Salad
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup chopped pears
- ¼ cup instant cheesecake pudding mix
- ¼ cup miniature marshmallows
- ¼ cup raisins
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- ¼ cup caramel topping , more for optional drizzle
- Add chopped apples and pears to a large bowl. Sprinkle pudding mix over the top and use a spatula to evenly coat the fruit.
- Fold in the raisins and mini marshmallows. Fold in the whipped topping. Add caramel sauce and fold in. Refrigerate covered with plastic wrap. Just before serving drizzle additional caramel sauce over the top, if desired.