These mouthwatering Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate cookies stuffed with gooey marshmallows and chocolate chips.
INGREDIENTS FOR CHOCOLATE MARSHMALLOW COOKIES
Scroll down to the printable recipe card for exact measurements and instructions.
- melted butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- mini marshmallows
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AND MARSHMALLOW COOKIES
In an electric mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla.
Stir cocoa powder into butter mixture.
In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt and add to the butter and cocoa mixture.
Stir in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips. The dough will be soft and sticky.
Cover dough with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator for 15-30 minutes.
Bake about 10 minutes. They may look gooey and undercooked. That’s ok!
Gently remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Use chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips
- Try it with peanut butter chips (or half PB chips)
- Add peppermint chips
- Add walnuts or pecans
Cookie scoop set, Ice Cream Scoop set,18/8 Stainless SteelSilicone Baking Mats – Non Stick Sheet Mat – Large BPA Free Professional Grade Liner Sheets – Perfect Bakeware for Making Cookies Macarons, Bread and Pastry (4)Reynolds Kitchens Unbleached Parchment Paper Roll, 45 Square FeetAnolon 47487 Eminence Nonstick Bakeware, Nonstick Cookie Sheet / Baking Sheet – 11 Inch x 17 Inch, Onyx/Black/Umber
QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ABOUT CHOCOLATE COOKIES WITH MARSHMALLOWS
Can I use dehydrated marshmallows instead of mini marshmallows?
You certainly can. Dehydrated marshmallows are a bit more chewy and won’t develop the ooey gooeyness that regular marshmallows provide but they’ll still taste good.
Should I use salted or unsalted butter?
I almost always bake with unsalted butter so I have control over the amount of salt in the recipe, but it’s truly a personal preference. If you’d like a bit of saltiness to balance the sweetness of the cookies, you can absolutely use salted butter.
What size should I make the cookie dough balls?
I used a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to measure out (mostly) evenly sized amounts. I’m a huge fan of cookie scoops!
How to store chocolate marshmallow cookies
Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Other Christmas cookies you’ll love
- Salted caramel thumbprint cookies
- Polar bear cookies
- Stained glass cookies
- Lump of coal cookies
- Chocolate crinkle cookies
- Marbled star cookies
Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In mixer, combine butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir cocoa powder into butter mixture. Mix in flour mixture.
- Stir in marshmallows and chocolate chunks.
- Chill dough for 15-30 minutes.
- Scoop dough in about 2 tablespoons onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or silpat, 2 inches apart. Bake about 10 minutes. They'll look gooey and undercooked. Let cool.