This maple cake with maple glaze is a sponsored post and part of the Fall Flavors event.
One of fall’s most beloved flavors is maple and this moist maple cake with maple glaze showcases the flavor in the most delicious way. It’s an undeniably scrumptious dessert.
If you wanted, you could serve the maple cake without any maple glaze on top, but I think the buttery brown sugar glaze is too heavenly to resist.
Maple cake and maple glaze ingredients
(Exact amounts and instructions are in the recipe card below. This is an at-a-glance shopping list to give you a quick idea of what you’ll need.)
- brown sugar
- maple syrup (use a good quality real maple syrup)
- vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
Other maple recipes you’ll enjoy
- Slow cooker turkey tenderloin with maple glaze and wild rice
- Maple pancake breakfast sandwiches
- Maple roasted bacon with glazed pecans
How to make maple cake
With mixer, beat brown sugar, butter, syrup and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and baking soda then gradually mix into brown sugar mixture.
I used Taylor & Colledge vanilla bean paste for the ultimate vanilla flavor. It has vanilla bean seeds in it!
The batter will be thick but spreadable.
Spread batter evenly into the prepared baking dish.
Bake for about 22-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. The edges will pull away from the pan and the top will be golden brown.
How to make maple glaze
While the cake is baking, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the maple syrup and brown sugar and keep stirring as you bring it to a boil.
My fave Dixie Crystals brown sugar is a key part of the flavor.
Continue to cook about 3 more minutes or until the maple glaze thickens slightly.
Remove from heat; let cool for 3-5 minutes then pour over warm cake and spread to edges. Let cake cool completely before slicing.
The maple glaze will form a soft, caramel-y layer on the maple cake and will crack a bit when cutting the cake into pieces. That’s ok! If you can cut the cake without cracking the glaze, you’re far more skilled than I am.
Store the cake in an airtight container. It will stay moist for several days.
Sponsored ingredients in this recipe are from Dixie Crystals and Taylor & Colledge.
Maple Cake with Maple Glaze
- 1-1/3 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste (or vanilla extract)
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with baking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, butter, syrup and vanilla until blended. Beat in eggs. In another bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking soda; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Stir in apples (batter will be thick).
- Transfer to prepared pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; stir in syrup and brown sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Pour glaze over warm blondies. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Follow the Fall Flavors Pinterest board for more fall recipe inspiration!
Thursday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Butternut Squash Fries with Parmesan Garlic Dipping Sauce by Big Bears Wife
- Almond Apple Galette by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Hot Tea by Intelligent Domestications
- Apple Ginger Oat Tassies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Sidecar Cocktail by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Butternut Squash & Pear Risotto by Sweet Beginnings
- Caramel Apple Monkey Bread by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Caramel Affogato by That Recipe
- Easy Yam Souffle by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Gluten Free Caramel Apple Cheesecake by Frugal & Fit
- Maple Cake with Maple Glaze by Eat Move Make
- Pickled Cabbage by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Roasted Butternut Squash Soup with Sweet Potato and Parsnip by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Roasted Potatoes with Lemon and Garlic by Family Around the Table
- Slow Cooker Loaded Potatoes by Blogghetti
- Sweet potato dinner rolls by Cookaholic Wife
- Sweet Potato Haupia by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Dixie Crystals, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & Colledge, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.