This easy chicken curry recipe is ready in less than 30 minutes and has a wonderful savory flavor and aroma. Spoon it over some basmati rice and you’ve got the perfect dinner.
Ingredients for easy chicken curry
- olive oil
- curry powder
- sour cream
- basmati rice or noodles
- cooked chicken
How to Make Chicken Curry the Easy Way
Saute onions in olive oil for several minutes. then add curry, cumin and garlic. When onions are tender, add chicken, sour cream, milk, 1/4 cup raisins, salt and sugar. Stir and cook over medium heat until hot throughout.
Serve over hot noodles or prepared basmati rice.
Sprinkle the remaining raisins and nuts on top and enjoy this easy curried chicken recipe!
Which nuts go with curry?
Cashews are probably the most popular choice, but you could also use almonds, peanuts, pecans or walnuts. Choose your favorite nut!
What to serve with chicken curry
Spoon the curry sauce over hot noodles or prepared basmati rice and serve with Naan bread.
Other curry recipes you may enjoy
Easy Chicken Curry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb cooked chicken, chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins, divided
- 1/4 cup cashews, walnuts, almonds or pecans
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion for 2 minutes. Add curry, cumin and garlic; continue cooking a few more minutes or until onion is tender.
- Stir in chicken, sour cream, milk, 1/4 cup raisins, salt and sugar. Reduce heat to medium, stirring frequently for 10-15 minutes until thoroughly heated. Spoon over cooked noodles or basmati rice. Sprinkle with remaining raisins and nuts.