This pumpkin swirl brownies recipe post was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples from Dixie Crystals, but as always opinions are 100% mine.
These pumpkin swirl brownies are decadently sinful and completely irresistible. Creamy pumpkin filling is swirled with chocolate on top of a thick, chewy and supremely fudgy brownie.
The pretty marbling on top makes the pumpkin cream cheese brownies especially perfect for fall and Halloween.
Why This Recipe Works
- If you love a chewy and fudgy brownie, this is it!
- The pumpkin flavor is just enough. It blends perfectly with the cocoa without overwhelming it.
- Perfectly sized. An 8×8-inch pan may seem small but they’re thick and just the right size for a dessert bite.
- Semi-sweet chocolate – You can absolutely use a semi-sweet baking bar, but if you always have semi-sweet chocolate chips standing by in your pantry (like I do), they’ll work great. And bonus, they don’t need to be chopped.
- Cocoa powder – Use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Sugar – I always use Dixie Crystals granulated sugar. You can’t go wrong with it!
- Pumpkin – Be sure to look for pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix.
- Cream cheese – Not light or fat-free; use the real deal.
Step 1: In a medium bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
Step 2: In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring frequently.
Step 3: Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup sugar until blended.
Step 4: Beat in eggs, one at a time until well blended.
Step 5: Stir in flour, cocoa and ½ teaspoon salt until blended.
Step 6: Reserve 1/3 cup of the brownie batter; set aside.
Step 7: Spread remaining brownie batter in the bottom of an 8×8-inch square baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Step 8: Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over brownie batter. Optional: Add festive Halloween sprinkles for a pop of color.
Step 9: Drop reserved brownie batter by teaspoonfuls over pumpkin layer; draw tip of knife through top of both batters to marbleize.
Step 10: Draw tip of knife through top of both batters to marbleize.
Step 11: Bake 40-50 minutes or until center is set and edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. A toothpick inserted in center will have fudgy crumbs on it. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.
Store pumpkin swirl brownies in the refrigerator.
Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, unsalted (1 stick)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together softened cream cheese, pumpkin, egg, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt until fully incorporated and smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup sugar until blended. Whik in eggs, one at a time until well blended. Stir in flour, cocoa and ½ teaspoon salt until blended. Reserve 1/3 cup of the brownie batter; set aside, then spread remaining batter into prepared baking pan.
- Spread pumpkin mixture evenly over brownie batter. Optional: Add festive Halloween sprinkles for a pop of color. Drop reserved brownie batter by teaspoonfuls over pumpkin layer; draw tip of knife through top of both batters to marbleize.
- If reserved brownie batter has thickened too much while standing, microwave on low power 20 to 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until center is set and edges begin to pull away from sides of pan. A toothpick inserted in center will have fudgy crumbs on it. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cut into 16 squares. Store in refrigerator.
Welcome!!! It is almost Halloween which means it is time for this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipe and giveaway event!!
#HalloweenTreatsWeek is a yearly Halloween blogging event that is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 4th annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 28 hauntingly talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week!
Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Prize #1 from Dixie Crystals
41 Pieces Silicone Bakeware Set
3 Piece Halloween Silicone Spatula Set
Nordic Ware Haunted Skull Cakelet Pana Rafflecopter giveaway
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsor to winner, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 11th – October 15th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 1 (ONE) prize pack and therefore we will have a total of 1 (ONE) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing brand sponsors: Dixie Crystals that provided a prize pack for our giveaways and also sent some samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out all of these great #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes for today
- Jack-O-Lantern Apple Slice Pops from Big Bear’s Wife
- Monster Eyeball Cupcakes from Semi Homemade Recipes
- Ghost Meringue Cookies from Jen Around the World
- Apple Cider Donut Whoopie Pies from Pint Sized Baker
- Graveyard Pudding Cups from Fresh April Flours
- Churro Cookies from Devour Dinner
- Halloween Monster Donuts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Witches’ Brew Whiskey Sour from The Redhead Baker
- Witches Hat Cheese Ball from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Pumpkin Swirl Brownies from Eat Move Make
- Layered Halloween Jello from from House of Nash Eats
- Mummy Wrapped Brie from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Mummy Cupcakes from The Flour Handprint
- Halloween Candy Cracker Toffee from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Old Fashioned Apple Fritters from It’s Shanaka
- Pumpkin Mint Patties from Sweet Beginnings
- Butterfinger Ice Cream (No-Churn) from Pastry Chef Online
- Chocolate Frogs from The Spiffy Cookie
- Halloween Cupcake Treat Board from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Skull Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Halloween Brownie Pizza from Back To My Southern Roots
- Halloween Mini Bat Taco Cheeseballs from Savory Moments
- Ghostly Poptarts from An Affair from the Heart
- Deadly Dark Chocolate Layer Cake from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures