This delicious slow cooker ground beef stroganoff recipe has a sauce that simmers all day long for a hearty, rich and irresistible flavor.
The hamburger stroganoff sauce is ladled over or mixed with hot noodles for a savory, feel-good dinner the whole family will love.
Hamburger stroganoff recipe ingredients
- ground beef
- cottage cheese
- tomato paste
- Worcestershire sauce
- beef broth
- egg noodles
How to make beef stroganoff with ground beef
In a frying pan, cook the ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink, crumbling the meat as it cooks. Set aside.
Use a food processor or blender to whip the cottage cheese until smooth. It will look like sour cream afterward. I use a mini food processor for small tasks like this.
Add the tomato paste and seasonings and combine with ground beef in slow cooker. Stir in beef broth. Cook on low 6-8 hours.
How to serve slow cooker ground beef stroganoff
Method 1: Ladle the hamburger stroganoff sauce over freshly cooked noodles.
Method 2: Add freshly cooked noodles to the ground beef stroganoff in the crockpot and mix together before serving.
No matter which way you decide to marry your sauce and noodles, you’ll absolutely love this easy ground beef stroganoff crockpot recipe.
Other slow cooker recipes you’ll enjoy
- Sunday gravy recipe
- Slow cooker burrito filling
- Mexican pork roast
- Crockpot beef stew
- Cranberry chili meatballs
- Slow cooker Phillies
- Pumpkin posole
- Sirloin tip roast
Slow Cooker Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14-oz can beef broth
- 6 cups medium egg noodles
- In skillet, brown ground beef and onions. Drain off excess grease.
- Whip cottage cheese until smooth. Add tomato paste and seasonings. Place ground beef and cottage cheese mixture to crockpot. Stir in beef broth. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Cook egg noodles according to package directions. Drain. Serve beef mixture over noodles.