Tiktok Tortilla Wraps are Worth the Hype
People are wrapping and folding everything! Go sweet, go savory or go somewhere in between and then toast the folded tortillas for an explosion of flavor in every bite.
The sky’s the limit as to what you can put inside a folded tortilla. Just get started wrapping all the things because this simple tortilla wrap hack is fire.
Ingredients for Breakfast Tortilla Wraps
- Extra-large flour tortillas (the big burrito-sized ones)
- Fillings – Four different ingredients (you can use fewer if you’d like but four is fun!) Any variety of meat, cheese, eggs, veggies or sauce will work. Meat and eggs should be pre-cooked.
More Breakfast Recipes
- Bacon and sausage breakfast pizza
- French toast club sandwich
- Loaded breakfast casserole
- Stuffed breakfast potatoes
- Breakfast bowl with Egg Beaters
My version of the Tiktok tortilla wrap hack is all about breakfast (actually breakfast for dinner, at my house).
I went with four ingredients: pre-cooked bacon, sausage patties, scrambled eggs and shredded Pepper-Jack cheese.
Step 1: Cut a slit from one side of the tortilla just to the center.
Step 2: Place the four ingredients in the four quarters of the tortilla.
Step 3: Fold the bottom left quarter up and on top of the upper left quarter.
Step 4: Fold the top left quarter over to the right onto the upper right quarter.
Step 5: Fold the upper right quarter down over the lower right quarter.
Step 6: Toast the tortilla in a panini press (one of my favorite kitchen appliances of all time). Cook for about 4 minutes or until golden brown. (If you don’t have a panini press, you could toast it in on a skillet or even in a frying pan, but you’ll need to flip it to ensure both sides brown up and all the ingredients heat up and/or get melted.)
Step 7: EAT!
A 10-inch (or larger) flour tortilla.
If you use a panini press, you don’t really need to worry about it. Everything gets heated perfectly. If not, it’s best if you put the ingredients you want to melt and get really hot (especially cheese) into the quarters that will be on the outside after folding (the two sections on the right side). Similarly, if you’re using ingredients you want to keep cooler (like lettuce and tomato on a BLT, you’ll want to put those on the left side).
Yes! I actually recommend this. It gives the wrap an especially light and crispy texture. Preheat a frying pan over medium-high heat; spray with cooking spray. Put a tortilla in the frying pan and flip frequently until slightly browned. You could also do this on a skillet. (But, you don’t HAVE to toast the tortillas first.)
• Taco meat, cheese, refried beans, guacamole
• Pizza sauce, pepperoni or sausage, mozzarella, veggies
• Cooked burger, cheese, bacon, BBQ sauce, fried onions
• Bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado
• Chicken, ranch, cheese, bacon
• Leftovers, leftovers, leftovers!
• Strawberries, marshmallow fluff, Nutella, graham cracker pieces
• Oreos, hot fudge topping, marshmallow fluff
• Peanut butter, jelly, bananas, vanilla wafers
• Cheesecake, caramel, hot fudge, Oreo cookies