These BBQ ground beef sandwiches are served hoagie style. Make them as a single sandwich and then slice after baking into serving-sized sammies for the family.
So tasty and fun!
Ingredients for BBQ ground beef sandwiches
- ground beef
- red and green bell peppers
- BBQ sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Italian bread loaf (1 lb or less – about 15 inches long)
- Pepper Jack cheese slices
How to make BBQ beef sandwiches
Brown the ground beef; add onions and peppers, cooking until tender.
Stir in the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Simmer for about 15 minutes to let the flavors mingle.
Cut the loaf of bread lengthwise and scoop out some of the bread from the center, leaving a one-inch border around the loaf. Place half of the cheese slices into the bottom hollow.
Add the hot meat mixture and then top with the remaining cheese slices.
Replace the top half of the loaf.
Wrap the sandwich in tin foil and bake for about 15 minutes.
Unwrap the BBQ ground beef hoagie and start drooling over all the mouthwatering melted cheese goodness!
Slice into individually-sized BBQ ground beef sandwiches.
Other tasty sandwich recipes you’ll love
- French toast club sandwiches
- Broiled ham, bacon and Swiss sandwiches
- Cajun cheesesteak sandwiches
- Maple pancake breakfast sandwiches
- Slow cooker Italian beef
- Caprese panini
- Grilled Italian sausage sandwiches
- Deluxe sausage dogs
BBQ Ground Beef Sandwiches
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- ½ green bell pepper diced
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf Italian bread unsliced
- 10 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef; drain. Add onions and peppers; cook until tender. Add BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Simmer 15 minutes.
- Cut loaf of bread lengthwise into top and bottom sections. Scoop out center, leaving a 1-inch shell around the loaf's edge. Place half of cheese in bottom shell; add hot meat mixture. cover meat with remaining cheese and replace the slice of bread on top. Wrap in foil.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.