This delicious light-tasting lemon chicken pasta recipe is made with bowtie pasta and a bright and creamy lemon pasta sauce.
When you want to make something interesting but need to get dinner on the table quickly, this lemon chicken bowtie pasta is the ideal dinner solution.
Ingredients for lemon chicken bowtie pasta recipe
- bowtie pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts – cut into strips against the grain
- lemon-pepper seasoning
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- chicken broth
- shredded carrots
- cream cheese
- fresh lemon juice
- grated Parmesan cheese
How to make this easy chicken with lemon pasta sauce
Season the chicken with lemon pepper and then saute in olive oil along with carrots and garlic until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
Meanwhile, cook the bowtie pasta and drain, reserving 1-2 cups of the pasta water.
Add the broth, cream cheese and lemon juice to a large saucepan, cooking on medium-low heat until cream cheese is melted and incorporated.
Add the chicken, drained pasta, salt and grated Parmesan cheese to the pan and heat through for 5-10 minutes. If the mixture gets too thick, add reserved pasta liquid as needed.
Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley on top, if desired.
Lemon pasta with chicken variations
- Asparagus spears
- Fresh spinach
- Garnish with chopped thyme instead of parsley
- Use turkey in place of chicken
- Try a pasta variation—angel hair, rotini, penne
- For a kick of heat, sprinkle in red pepper flakes
Other pasta recipes you’ll love:
- Tomato and spinach pasta with meatballs
- Pumpkin pasta with crispy fried sage and pine nuts
- Ham and bowtie pasta
- Cajun chicken pasta
- Creamy chicken pasta and broccoli casserole
- 30 savory pasta recipes
Lemon Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 1 16-oz pkg bow tie pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch strips
- ½ teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve some of the pasta water.
- Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper. In large non-stick skillet, stir fry chicken, carrots and garlic until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender about 5-10 minutes. Remove chicken to a bowl; set aside and keep warm.
- Add broth, cream cheese and lemon juice to the skillet. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until cream cheese has melted.
- Drain pasta. Add chicken, pasta, salt and Parmesan cheese to sauce. Heat through for 5-10 minutes. Add reserved pasta water as needed if sauce gets too thick. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley when serving, if desired.